Paradise Lost XVI

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.

Post Oct 19th '09, 02:04

Sorry. We are not discussing God here.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Oct 19th '09, 02:08

Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.

effigy

Post Oct 19th '09, 08:09

Nope.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Oct 19th '09, 21:35

Suck it, $lave. This is map 29, Official Tallmap. It's tall: the tallest sniper post towers 10 WU over the bottom water trench.

[attachment=3188:ot1.png]
[attachment=3190:ot3.png]
[attachment=3189:ot2.png]

This map arose from the realization that PL has no real height-oriented maps. Fatal Tragedy and For Want of a Nailgun are close, but they don't really compare to Perpetual Motion or Where Dragons Rule from Red Spectrum. I've been tumbling around ideas for a tall map for a while, but this was the first one to finally come together for me. It's kind of a cross of Thrud (stock map) and Perpetual Motion. Ball would probably be okay on this map; Hill would be a novelty but a death trap.
Attachments
ot3.png
ot3.png (410.38 KiB) Viewed 3365 times
ot2.png
ot2.png (349.82 KiB) Viewed 3365 times
ot1.png
ot1.png (456.84 KiB) Viewed 3365 times

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Oct 19th '09, 22:02

this map sucks

$lave

Post Oct 19th '09, 22:08

It's an official map, $lave. Therefore, your opinion officially sucks.
Last edited by Wrkncacnter on Oct 19th '09, 22:08, edited 1 time in total.

Wrkncacnter

Post Oct 19th '09, 23:35

Ahh, verticality(three letters extra). That's a novel idea really. Although with your field of vision fairly limited in the up/down sense, you may have problems taking advantage of your height.
F-OBED F-OBED F-OBED
Map badly if you must, but MAP.
Pfheil

Post Oct 19th '09, 23:55

Pfheil wrote:Ahh, verticality(three letters extra). That's a novel idea really. Although with your field of vision fairly limited in the up/down sense, you may have problems taking advantage of your height.

Sort of, but in reality it's not based around sniping. The map is overflowing with rockets. It's all about air strikes and divebombing, and most of the combat takes place on level playing fields.

Though I did get a pretty awesome triple-kill with one rocket, falling down past the ledge with the hill where three guys were trying to blast each other.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Oct 20th '09, 06:53

Brilliant.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Oct 20th '09, 16:12

Map 30 is Temple of Syrinx. This one is tiny, which is how I made it so quickly (3-4 hours of labor, tops).

[attachment=3196:tos1.png]
[attachment=3197:tos2.png]
[attachment=3198:tos3.png]
Attachments
tos3.png
tos3.png (327.95 KiB) Viewed 3365 times
tos2.png
tos2.png (404.46 KiB) Viewed 3365 times
tos1.png
tos1.png (350.87 KiB) Viewed 3365 times

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Oct 20th '09, 16:51

Brilliant!

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Oct 20th '09, 16:57

Haha, what an awesome song.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.

L'howon
Somewhere outside the Citadel Of Antiquity

Post Oct 21st '09, 01:46

Paradise Lost XIII is on Simplici7y. It includes X Syndrome, Official Tallmap, and Temple of Syrinx for a total of 30 maps.

It also includes embedded mml that changes your starting gear. This now guarantees that you start with a usable arsenal no matter what else happens, and it gets rid of some of the clutter on the ground. Please email me if this doesn't work, or if you find it uncomfortable to play with.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Oct 21st '09, 02:14

things always go wrong. If you downloaded PL13 before this point, there was a bug in the mml that spawned you without fists. Better download a new copy.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Oct 21st '09, 02:36

RyokoTK wrote:things always go wrong. If you downloaded PL13 before this point, there was a bug in the mml that spawned you without fists. Better download a new copy.

That would be weird.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Oct 21st '09, 06:53

Aaaah! No fists!

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Oct 21st '09, 22:04

lol... ouch.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.

envy
Land of the New Rising Sun

Post Jan 16th '10, 01:15

hell yeah nerd humor from the 1990s

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 16th '10, 23:01

I can't believe I'm doing this. Again.

The Quake series of FPS games has been one of my standbys for solid enjoyable shooting action, and every time I play any of the three games (I don't own Quake 4, but that was pretty mediocre anyway) I always end up with ideas for maps. No idea why. They never bear any relation to actual Quake environments.

Anyway, this is map 31: Abattoir 5.

Pretty typical fare, it's a smaller map, one main room, a couple side rooms. Standard arsenal, SMG/AR to start with shotguns, toaster, and rockets on the map.

Speaking of PL14, here's what I have in mind:
- New maps, obviously. I have a map half-finished from October that I'll probably take care of, and maybe one more? I don't know.
- Rocket-free variants of maps, since I know there's a niche market for that that Paradise Lost doesn't address at all. My plans are to have no-rocket versions of the following maps: Abattoir 5 (this one here), Bladestorm, Oculus ex Inferni, and Insurrection. These will be in addition to the existing maps, so they'll likely be called "Bladestorm - no SPNKR" or something to the effect.
- Nothing else related to physics, MML, Lua, or whatever you please. I think I've ruined Marathon enough in that regard.
Last edited by RyokoTK on Jan 18th '10, 05:44, edited 1 time in total.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 16th '10, 23:34

fantastico!
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Jan 17th '10, 00:03

RyokoTK wrote:Speaking of PL14, here's what I have in mind:

- Rocket-free variants of maps, since I know there's a niche market for that that Paradise Lost doesn't address at all. My plans are to have no-rocket versions of the following maps: Abattoir 5 (this one here), Bladestorm, Oculus ex Inferni, and Insurrection. These will be in addition to the existing maps, so they'll likely be called "Bladestorm - no SPNKR" or something to the effect.

Could you also make some Rocket-exclusive variants of maps? Whenever someone bitches about too many rockets I like to host something with only rockets, but SPNKR Diarena is the only map I can reliably remember that fits the bill.
Image Image

interion

Post Jan 17th '10, 00:07

Tim wrote:Could you also make some Rocket-exclusive variants of maps? Whenever someone bitches about too many rockets I like to host something with only rockets, but SPNKR Diarena is the only map I can reliably remember that fits the bill.

You should have Problem Pax so you can host Marathon Rocket Arena.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 17th '10, 00:07

Tim wrote:Could you also make some Rocket-exclusive variants of maps? Whenever someone bitches about too many rockets I like to host something with only rockets, but SPNKR Diarena is the only map I can reliably remember that fits the bill.

RED

Wrkncacnter

Post Jan 17th '10, 01:59

This is map 32, Thorn Keep. This is the map that I had half-finished, though it was a lot closer to being done than I remembered.

This is a very large one, featuring elements from Metropolis Pt I, Winterfell, and Official Tallmap. There's quite a few stairs to nowhere on this one. Heavy rocket/shotgun map with lots of powerups.

Last edited by RyokoTK on Jan 18th '10, 05:43, edited 1 time in total.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jan 17th '10, 19:41

Got you covered:
http://fileball.bungie.org/index.php?optio...nfo&id=3475

treellama
Pittsburgh

PreviousNext

Return to Mapping