How to make one full scenario Including Physics?

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.

How to make one full scenario Including Physics?

Post Aug 18th '13, 22:03

Hello,
I'm got confused with this one. I've many DM maps, but it is separated not in one scenario. How to packed the map file into one scenario? Can I include a Physics file?

Overwatch_C-17
Indonesia

Post Aug 18th '13, 22:50

Overwatch_C-17 wrote:Hello,
I'm got confused with this one. I've many DM maps, but it is separated not in one scenario. How to packed the map file into one scenario? Can I include a Physics file?

What you need is two programs: Atque, and ShapeFusion. Atque allows you to combine MML Scripts, Lua Scripts, Terminal Text, Physics Files, Title Screens, Music Scores and of course, Individual Levels. What I recommend is that you open up the Marathon Infinity map file up with Atque and see how the hierarchy works. ShapeFusion allows you to modify shapes, sounds and physics files. Both programs are on SourceForge.net.
Liquid Fader Removal
Code: Select all
<marathon>
<!-- BAN ALL WHO REFUSE TO DOWNLOAD --!>
<player index="0" opacity="0"/>
</marathon>

ftg.death.rhino

Post Aug 19th '13, 13:42

Yea I've both tools, including latest weland. Ok I'll do that. When I make a new physics file using physics editor one n edit it with shape fusion, Why the new physics can't be played on original Marathon (inf) maps?

Overwatch_C-17
Indonesia

Post Aug 19th '13, 13:46

Overwatch_C-17 wrote:Yea I've both tools, including latest weland. Ok I'll do that. When I make a new physics file using physics editor one n edit it with shape fusion, Why the new physics can't be played on original Marathon (inf) maps?

Marathon Infinity has merged physics which take precedence over what you select in Environment preferences.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Aug 19th '13, 21:47

treellama wrote:Marathon Infinity has merged physics which take precedence over what you select in Environment preferences.

It mean I can't use my new Physics to play with Marathon (Inf)?

Overwatch_C-17
Indonesia

Post Aug 19th '13, 22:35

Overwatch_C-17 wrote:It mean I can't use my new Physics to play with Marathon (Inf)?

It means that any level that has its own Physics model merged into it won't accept any other Physics model. This is why Delusions of Grandeur (which has no unique Physics) will accept whatever you set under 'Environment', while Rise Robot Rise (which does have a unique Physics model) will not. Furthermore, this is why the solo maps of M2 will accept any Physics models you pick under Environment - the maps aren't merged with any unique Physics models, and thus will accept whatever you tell it to.

PerseusSpartacus
Somewhere in the 19th Century...

Post Aug 21st '13, 11:25

How to make Images file? Uh I mean a file with .imgA extension?

Overwatch_C-17
Indonesia

Post Aug 21st '13, 12:20

Use Atque to split an existing Images.imgA file. Then make a folder like that with your images and use Atque to merge it into an Images.imgA file.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Aug 30th '13, 15:33

Umm I have a question!

When I edit my physics file, I'm making a new projectile on unused1. I've checked the Is Guided flags for missile projectile. While I'm tested it, the projectile doesn't guided to enemy I spotted.

Is there a suggestion?

Overwatch_C-17
Indonesia

Post Aug 30th '13, 22:12

Guided projectiles only work for enemies. Player-shot projectiles are never guided.

Pfhorrest
California

Post Aug 30th '13, 22:31

You sort of make it work with lua. Irons had an awesome script, but I don't know if it's available anywhere.

Wrkncacnter

Post Aug 31st '13, 00:56

Wrkncacnter wrote:You sort of make it work with lua. Irons had an awesome script, but I don't know if it's available anywhere.

What's the awesome thing of Iron's LUA script u mean?

Overwatch_C-17
Indonesia

Post Aug 31st '13, 22:46

Wrkncacnter wrote:http://fileball.treellama.org/files/marathon/aleph1/alterations/Point-n-Killv10.zip

Great ^_^

Overwatch_C-17
Indonesia

Post Aug 31st '13, 22:52

Can Marathon featured with an autoaim? Guided projectile will work with that... I think

Overwatch_C-17
Indonesia

Post Sep 1st '13, 02:21

i think the first step would have to be announcing the scenario in the projects forum.
(●__●)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(●__●)

Asylum
Post Sep 2nd '13, 00:28

Errrm, I've never done a scenario before, but I think you're more supposed to get at least a decent ammount of progress made before you start making announcements.
Spoiler:
Sig of the Week:
Most of my suggestions for how to improve a game boil down to "It should be more like Halo."

craZboy557

Post Sep 3rd '13, 21:10

craZboy557 wrote:Errrm, I've never done a scenario before, but I think you're more supposed to get at least a decent ammount of progress made before you start making announcements.

That was my mistake, actually. *looks shiftily at RyokoTK* ;)

PerseusSpartacus

Post Sep 8th '13, 00:11

In Physics File, I'm looking at the behavior Flags. What the mean of "Not Afraid in Water, Lava, and So on"?

Overwatch_C-17
Indonesia

Post Sep 8th '13, 03:51

irons
(.Y.)

Post Sep 8th '13, 09:04

irons wrote:The PM Reference is pretty good.

http://webwonks.org/Marathon/Anvil/Levin/index.html

Thank u [MSmile]

Overwatch_C-17
Indonesia

Post Oct 8th '13, 21:37

Hello..
I make a map, but I don't know how to make sector damage on specified Polygon Sector?

EX: When fall to the sky floor u'll die.

Overwatch_C-17
Indonesia

Post Oct 9th '13, 00:48

I'm pretty sure there's a script for that on Simplici7y. I don't know where specificly, but I'm sure it's there. TK did it in his scenario Phoenix.
Youtube Channel:Crosstroop3r // Traxus Wiki User Page: Crosstrooper
My Marathon uploads: Destiny

Destiny
USA

Post Oct 9th '13, 00:57

Here are some options as far as the sky floor.

1. Invisible enemies that damage you. You'll have to surround the desired polygon with monster impassable polygons to prevent the monsters from escape and the player won't be able to pass through them.

2. Lua; you can set a specific polygon index to deal damage to the player if they are above/on it. There are also some scripts floating around that deal fall damage. This may be suitable IIRC Phoenix did it based on player elevation. When the player was below a certain height, they would take damage.

3. Use a harmful liquid to damage them. The player will however see the liquid on the map and floor. So that's not the best option.

4. Teleport the player. You can set the sky floor polygon to be a teleporter so when the player stands still they will be teleported back to ground of your choosing.

Zott
Earth

Post Oct 9th '13, 01:53

Or 5, make the polygon a 'Major Damage Polygon' (doable in Weland). This makes it so the player will take damage if they are above/standing on that polygon, killing them in a short amount of time. This isn't the best method, though, and I'd recommend instead using RyokoTK's method:

Code: Select all
function Triggers.idle()
   for p in Players() do
      if p.z < -3.00 and not p.dead then
         p:damage(150,"suffocation")
      end
   end
end

Just replace "-3.00" with the appropriate height in WUs. Suffocation is the best kind of damage to use, as it doesn't cause a flash on the screen, and the sound it makes is kind of fun (though it is a little weird as well).

PerseusSpartacus

Next

Return to Mapping