Obed is Broken.

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.

Obed is Broken.

Post Aug 30th '13, 14:33

Obed installers are broken.

Obed 1.3 & Obed 1.2. You can download them, but you can't extract the primary application. Only the README's.

I'm the kind of mapper who has to scrap an entire map if he runs out of space on one side or the other.
Obed can take the ENTIRE map and shift it over.
In Weland you have to move the whole map dot by dot by dot by dot by dot. Its miserable.

Please help!
Shocktart

Post Aug 30th '13, 14:57

Weland has a "Recenter Level" function under the Special menu. Or you can use the CopyPaste plugin for Weland - among other things, it can do shifting/translation of the entire map when copying from one map file to another.
Look out - he's nuts!

jonny

Post Aug 31st '13, 21:56

I can't comprehend how you activate the plugin.

I have it in the plugin folder, but Weland hasn't changed.
I've read the Plugin README and I don't understand what its telling me to do.

Its not showing up in Weland's PlugIn tab.

Please help. I don't want to destroy all 36 levels I've made just because they are all too far right.
I don't want to die.
Shocktart

Post Aug 31st '13, 22:21

First things first. Have you tried "Recenter Level" from the Special menu? If you need to move further than that in one direction, just draw a line on the other side of what you currently have, i.e., if you need to move everything to the left draw a vertical line to the right of everything.

Shocktart wrote:I have it in the plugin folder, but Weland hasn't changed.
Its not showing up in Weland's PlugIn tab.

What version of Weland are you using? Make sure you have the latest version (1.4.1, I believe).
Sanity checks: Did you unzip the file? Did you put CopyPastePlugin.dll in Weland's plugin folder, not AlephOne's?

Shocktart wrote:I don't want to die.

Sooner or later, everybody dies.
Look out - he's nuts!

jonny

Post Sep 1st '13, 02:22

I'm using Weland 1.4.1 with Windows 7.
Yes I unzipped it. Did it again to be sure. It's in Weland's PlugIn folder.
It does not show up under the plug-in tab in Weland.

Nothing is working.
Shocktart

Post Sep 1st '13, 03:55

I think to see the plugins works or not, go to Plugins menu right after Special menu before Help menu. Copy and Paste plugin is work for me. I'm using WinXP SP3. Haha... outdated OS

Overwatch_C-17
Indonesia

Post Sep 1st '13, 04:29

Overwatch_C-17 wrote:I think to see the plugins works or not, go to Plugins menu right after Special menu before Help menu. Copy and Paste plugin is work for me. I'm using WinXP SP3. Haha... outdated OS

I said, the Copy & Paste plugin doesn't appear in the plugin menu.
Weland's plugin feature is broken.
Shocktart

Post Sep 1st '13, 07:35

Shocktart wrote:Weland's plugin feature is broken.

To be precise, it's not currently working for you. Clearly, it works for others.

But let's back up and try to fix the original problem you had. Use 'Recenter Level' to create more space on one or two sides of your map(s). If that doesn't move things enough, draw a line on the side opposite of the direction you want to move everything. Until you do try this, there's not much point in trying to get a plugin to work which effectively does the same thing.
Look out - he's nuts!

jonny

Post Sep 1st '13, 19:08

What if I want to copy and paste a really complex hallway?
Shocktart

Post Sep 1st '13, 19:33

I have a really old download of obed backed up. It's the best editor for modifying geometry. I'd recommend getting the geometry done before starting to use Weland/Visual mode.lua though.
Attachments
obed112b.zip
(362.64 KiB) Downloaded 113 times

Wrkncacnter

Post Sep 2nd '13, 05:47

Thank you. It works.

However the Copy & Paste Plugin is still non-functional.
I'd really like this to work.

Please help.
Shocktart

Post Sep 2nd '13, 11:08

Do the example plugins show up in the menu? Maybe it's a simple matter of something being misspelled. Can you post a screenshot of your setup?

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Sep 2nd '13, 23:43

And no, none of the plugins show up in the editor.

I get a grey "none" under the Plugin Tab.
Shocktart

Post Sep 3rd '13, 00:09

Thanks! It's installed right, of course.

Well, I can't offer much more help. It works for me in OS X, Windows 7, and Linux.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Sep 3rd '13, 00:13

Perhaps its Jesus telling me to focus on College rather than mapping.

Meh, its not like I'd ever figure out custom shapes, physics, mml, and lua all by myself anyhow.
Could probably commission some dude from DeviantArt to update the MARINE shapes, but beyond that...
Shocktart

Post Sep 3rd '13, 23:21

I'm going to advise you from experience to focus on college rather than mapping.

irons
(.Y.)

Post Sep 4th '13, 04:49

I kinda knew that from the beginning.
I have a bunch of components for mapmaking with no maps made.

This is why nothing gets made nowadays.
When your young and have TONS of free time, you're also horribly incompetent and create sh**.
Then when your old enough to make something with coherent thought, you have no time to make sh**.
Shocktart

Post Sep 4th '13, 05:06

Or in rare cases, you have some time and can make something with coherent thought, but you make sh** on purpose.

Wrkncacnter

Post Sep 4th '13, 22:12

Is that rare though?

Is it really??
Shocktart

Post Nov 17th '13, 04:39

Shocktart wrote:Is that rare though?

Is it really??

sadly, yes.
(●__●)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(●__●)

Asylum

Return to Mapping