Walls not solid

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
Joltacks
Spazeroid

I made a small test map, just a box with 4 walls in Weland and I ran it in game. The walls aren't solid, and I rubber band when I walk into them. Is there a simple solution to this? I just downloaded weland, but I was familiar with Forge when I was a kid. I'd like to get back into mapping again because I have fond memories of it, but I've already considered giving up because the walls aren't solid.
Sharkie Lino

It sounds like your level is just one polygon, which is an invalid map. Add another polygon adjacent to it, and the walls will function correctly.
Joltacks
Spazeroid

Ok, thank you. I didn't know that. I made a bigger map (with many polys) and the walls seem fine now.
Lance
Spazeroid

Just randomly trying different posts to see if I can get somewhere. I want to run Weland, but I don't know where to start. I downloaded Aleph and all that, but I can't seem to get Weland to run. There was some discussion of Mono framework, but not to use the latest version... so what version do I use? And more importantly how do I use it? I used to use forge and anvil many years ago, but also want to get back into mapping.

Any advice? Sorry if this is repeated elsewhere.
Lance
Spazeroid

Hey Thanks a lot! Will give it a shot