Designating the Liquid texture.

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.

Designating the Liquid texture.

Post Jul 18th '16, 03:32

My liquid looks like a tile floor, switching the texture in that frame does nothing.
How do I designate a texture to be the liquid texture?

This would also be useful in making "windows" so any help would be appreciated.
Shocktart

Post Jul 18th '16, 16:46

Create a terminal that gives a narrative reason why the water looks like tiled floor.

philtron

Post Jul 18th '16, 18:31

philtron wrote:Create a terminal that gives a narrative reason why the water looks like tiled floor.

Yes, the level is giant Water Transfer Printing facility.
https://youtu.be/EMH66WHZsqs?t=41s
I'm not kidding this will be forced to occur if I can't get help with this issue.
Shocktart

Post Jul 19th '16, 01:48

I'm sure someone out there can help. I surely can't, although I'm guessing the problem has to do with a custom Shapes file.

Do a search on these forums for editing textures and shapes files, or creating your own liquid media, and maybe there's some solution in the distant past.

philtron

Post Jul 20th '16, 06:13

Are you replacing the texture in the Shapes file, or using a high-res replacement texture with MML?

Crater Creator

Post Jul 20th '16, 19:02

Crater Creator wrote:Are you replacing the texture in the Shapes file, or using a high-res replacement texture with MML?

Replacing textures in the Shapes file.
Shocktart

Post Jul 20th '16, 20:26

do you have any hi-res textures active? (HD water set, etc)

General Tacticus

Post Jul 22nd '16, 03:00

General Tacticus wrote:do you have any hi-res textures active? (HD water set, etc)

No.
Shocktart

Post Jul 22nd '16, 04:08

try approximating the changes in a new file, and see what step makes it break.

General Tacticus

Post Aug 17th '16, 17:17

This is applicable to shapes file textures, without using MML replacements:

The shapes file uses a specific bitmap for liquids. It is important you replace that bitmap with your new texture. The alpha property of the liquid (the transparency) is controlled by the brightness of the pixels. Dark pixel will be transparent, bright pixels will be opaque. It is of course assumed that you have marked liquids to be transparent in A1 preferences for this to take effect. Otherwise your shapes-file liquids will always be opaque.

For window textures a pure blue (RGB value: 0,0,255) color will mark a pixel as see through. It is not possible to create semi-transparent textures in the shapes file. All other color values, but that blue color will be opaque.

goran

Post Aug 17th '16, 18:30

Which texture spot is designated the liquid texture can be reassigned in MML.

Pfhorrest
California

Post Aug 17th '16, 22:42

Huh. I always assumed when not using replacement textures, the opacity of semi-transparent liquids was set to some uniform, hard coded value. Well played goran. You keep your title as A1's texture guru. [MWuh]

Crater Creator

Post Aug 17th '16, 23:06

The opacity of liquid textures is also configured via MML (opac_type). Gorans instructions assume you have transparent liquid MML installed.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Return to Mapping