Imperium v1.2 - Third Edition

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.

Re: Imperium v1.1

Post Jan 30th '17, 20:43

Some of these maps have extremely rude messages. Sad!

Wrkncacnter

Post Jan 31st '17, 15:25

Windbreaker wrote:What's sad is no one knows which image you were trying to post :C

Here's the URL: https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/smil ... ad.001.gif

Let me try putting it in image form:

Strangely, it works just fine for me, so I don't know why it didn't work for RyokoTK.

EDIT: As soon as I posted this, RyokoTK's version of the image started working - as the man himself would probably say, VERY STRANGE!

PerseusSpartacus
Somewhere in the 19th Century...

Post Jan 31st '17, 16:12

I get an access denied message for both of your posts. Do you have to log into somethingawful for it to show up or something?

We need to get to the bottom of this, as it's far more important than Wind's useless maps.

Edit: Apparently, you need to visit somethingawful.com in your browser before the images load. Maybe you need a cookie or something? Terrible!
Last edited by Wrkncacnter on Jan 31st '17, 19:33, edited 1 time in total.

Wrkncacnter

Post Jan 31st '17, 16:25

Wrkncacnter wrote:We need to get to the bottom of this, as it's far more important than Wind's useless maps.

Still not as important as getting WMaiD done, ofc...

thedoctor45

Post Feb 1st '17, 05:16

Wrkncacnter wrote:Edit: Apparently, you need to visit somethingawful.com in your browser before the images load. Maybe you need a cookie or something? Terrible!

Wow that is actually really dumb.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Feb 6th '17, 03:34

I like End Times. It reminds me of the 1965 movie Crack in the World.
I can be the deranged scientist and the Pfhor can be the minions of
those backward thinking anti-progress dunderheads who believe
that some things are best left alone.
I just play 'em; I don't know how they work.

HelviusRufus

Post Mar 22nd '17, 04:08

---Official Tinymaps Update v1.2---

I had a few more ideas than I expected recently, and ended up making a few tinymaps for Imperium. Tinymaps have always been challenging for me to make, since the architecture matters that much more when there's less of it. Overall, I think this experiment was a success, if not just because I got the morningmap out of it. The third edition of Imperium features 3 new maps, bringing the total up to 13. Here's the new stuff:

[S] Dead by Daybreak
A map that slowly gets brighter as time goes on. This one took a bit of work, especially with the sunrise gradient, and all the different lights (70 total, Jesus fuck). Special thanks to Wrk for his help on the lua side of things. Overall, I'm really happy with how this one turned out. Great for 2-3 people over a 4-5 minute span.

[XS] Flashpoint
The tiniest of the tinymaps in the tinymaps update. AR dominates on this level, and if you can dip into the lower passageways, you can subvert other players on the map. Good for 2-4 players.

[XS] Mandala
A pretty straightforward, tiny arenamap. 2-4 players tops. 'Nuff said.

thedoctor45 wrote:Still not as important as getting WMaiD done, ofc...

I'd be interested in returning to that project if other people are still working on it; I'm pretty much all out of ideas for netmaps right now. In terms of converting some of my multiplayer maps to WMaiD netmaps as per your review (thanks btw), that could be interesting. I'd probably only do a couple, but I could see it turning out pretty well!

Windbreaker
South Park, CO

Post Mar 22nd '17, 12:03

Neato, I'll definitely check out the new updated pack.

Windbreaker wrote:I'd be interested in returning to that project if other people are still working on it; I'm pretty much all out of ideas for netmaps right now. In terms of converting some of my multiplayer maps to WMaiD netmaps as per your review (thanks btw), that could be interesting. I'd probably only do a couple, but I could see it turning out pretty well!

Thanks for getting back to me on this topic. I will most likely not be able to work on WMaiD until after Halathon has been released but once that's done I'll try to scavenge all the WIP maps from every person who's been contributing to this project over the last few years and get them to a playable state. If by that time you are still interested in working with me on the project, we can try to actually get this thing ready for release - otherwise I don't think I will be able to finish it off all by myself - there's simply too much work for one guy to handle. In that case I think I will just dump the WIP files here on the pfhorums or on simplicity for people to toy around with.

If you would like to contribute now I suggest that you actually get started on the netmap conversion. I think you should still have all the neccessary texture files that you need, if not just drop me a PM. Or if you're looking for a bigger challenge you could also help me with creating some more netmaps for Halathon, I have a few ideas that you might be interested in - including some nice weather effects ;)

thedoctor45

Post Mar 27th '17, 01:21

thedoctor45 wrote:If by that time you are still interested in working with me on the project, we can try to actually get this thing ready for release

For sure, let me know when that time pops up. I've been really interested in these lua effects on my multiplayer maps, so incorporating them into some solo maps could be a fun venture as well, providing I have the patience D: But it would be a good way for those effects to actually be noticed :P

I'll see what I can do with a few netmaps; I'll have to see how the new weapon set works in different environments, which should be fun. Thanks for the reply!

Windbreaker
South Park, CO

Previous

Return to Mapping