Team Works

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.

Post Nov 5th '09, 02:26

you know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna keep attaching updated map files so those interested in following along can keep testing the new maps

[attachment=3240:teamworks_2_maps.zip]
Attachments
teamworks_2_maps.zip
(338.57 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Nov 5th '09, 07:20

This map pack would go great in an omnibus pack with KTA:TCM, and Paradise Lost. Well done, Ryoko!
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Nov 6th '09, 00:03

I'm diggin' the cave idea. If I could throw out an idea here, you should do a level with two bases on either side of a canyon, and then have one, possibly two bridges crossing it, or just some of your water current flingers from Hourglass, I think it was. But anyway, rugby on something like that would be SWEET.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.

envy
Land of the New Rising Sun

Post Nov 6th '09, 02:55

rugby lol

Anyone who downloaded the last 2-maps pack might have noticed a pretty awesome OOS bug; turns out the scenery MML that made the goalposts intangible doesn't always work.

Fantastic.

Attached is a new version with said MML removed; the goalposts now float in the air so you can just run under them.

A couple other changes: Riverrun has been modified to have negative space to combat some of the slowdown. It looks pretty horrible right now; at some point before Team Works' official release it will be fixed up a bit.

As for Water Polio, the "waterfall pit" that I called an emergency exit is now a two-way path; you can climb up the waterfalls from the main arena and there's a lift going into the bases. Be mindful of sneaky ball runs and keep an eye on your radar. We'll see how it goes. Also, between the two goals is a low ledge. This was just intended to be decorative; however, you can easily rocket jump up onto the low ledge and then up onto either goal ledge for a speedy entrance to the enemy base. This was not by design, but I kinda like it; it's certainly not critical to victory, and you can't do it with the ball anyway so it shouldn't break the game.

Attached is v2 of 2-maps.
Attachments
teamworks_2_maps_v2.zip
(292.25 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Nov 6th '09, 04:22

Yeah idk why i said rugby. any game on a map like that would be worth playing. Nvm dont make it ill do it. (=

envy

Post Nov 8th '09, 04:44

RyokoTK wrote:Team Works is Rugby only now.

There are a few reasons for this but they all boil down to Rugby being flat-out superior to CTF.

Expect Rugby.lua to be available soon, and with that I'll post Riverrun while I make the rest of these maps.

That's ok, We already have an extensive CTF map pack to fit the need of the odd group overcome with desire to play it instead. [MWuh] It's Rugby that really needs the focus right now.

herecomethej2000
Ledyard, CT

Post Nov 12th '09, 02:46

Attached is a new version of Team Works with four maps; besides Riverrun and Water Polio, I've also made a new map, Streets of Rage. $lave has also contributed one map, Telephasic Workshop.

edit: this one now has the ball on streets of rage :(

edit 2: The last version had a pretty LOL texture job on Riverrun. It plays fine and isn't horribly hideous, but I uploaded the fixed version (from TW2 v2) anyway.
[attachment=3272:teamworks_4_maps.zip]

Map 03, Streets of Rage. It's set in a city streets kind of environment. Lots of towers to climb into. Think Hollow Apollo minus the bad stuff. This one is huge, I recommend as many people as possible.
[attachment=3264:sor1.PNG]
[attachment=3265:sor2.PNG]
[attachment=3266:sor3.PNG]

Map 04, Telephasic Workshop. It's another kind of generic cave with water idea. Leave it to $lave to not come up with an original idea.
[attachment=3267:tw1.PNG]
[attachment=3268:tw2.PNG]
[attachment=3269:tw3.PNG]
Attachments
teamworks_4_maps.zip
(565.23 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
tw3.PNG
tw3.PNG (426.65 KiB) Viewed 2401 times
tw2.PNG
tw2.PNG (464.05 KiB) Viewed 2401 times
tw1.PNG
tw1.PNG (316.79 KiB) Viewed 2401 times
sor3.PNG
sor3.PNG (495.71 KiB) Viewed 2401 times
sor2.PNG
sor2.PNG (481.06 KiB) Viewed 2401 times
sor1.PNG
sor1.PNG (466.5 KiB) Viewed 2401 times
Last edited by RyokoTK on Nov 12th '09, 03:58, edited 1 time in total.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Nov 13th '09, 20:50

More maps. Attached is the final pfhorumized version of Team Works; the "official" version, and likely the final one for some time, will be on Simplici7y within the week. Now we're up to 7 maps; the final one will likely have 8 or 9.

Hopefully I won't have to reupload this one over and over again.
[attachment=3276:teamworks_7_maps.zip]

Map 05 is RM4AONBS by W'rkncacnter. If he wants you to know what it stands for, he'll tell you. I just call it RM4 and then mash the keyboard a bit and I think people know which one I'm talking about. This one has a high plateau that the ball spawns on and is a very offense-oriented map once you figure out the layout. It's a fun alternative to some of the five-minute stalemate maps like Telephasic Workshop or Riverrun.
[attachment=3277:nbs1.PNG]
[attachment=3278:nbs2.PNG]

Map 06 is YAFRM, also by W'rkncacnter. This is a broad, flat map. It's basically a shooting gallery. There are a couple fast-travel chutes on the sides of the map; it's a good way to shuttle the ball across the map, but if the enemy knows you're in there then you're toast. Shotgun and SMG dominate here.
[attachment=3279:yafrm1.PNG]
[attachment=3280:yafrm2.PNG]

Map 07 is March of the Undead by me. This is a fairly open map; the easiest route to the goal is by a zig-zagged pathway across the midfield. Like Water Polio, most of the spawns on each base are near a "lobby" in front of the goal room, rather than in the goal room itself, so the big challenge is getting past that.
[attachment=3281:motu1.PNG]
[attachment=3282:motu2.PNG]
Attachments
motu2.PNG
motu2.PNG (384.19 KiB) Viewed 2401 times
motu1.PNG
motu1.PNG (418.65 KiB) Viewed 2401 times
yafrm2.PNG
yafrm2.PNG (552.4 KiB) Viewed 2401 times
yafrm1.PNG
yafrm1.PNG (535.77 KiB) Viewed 2401 times
nbs2.PNG
nbs2.PNG (540.21 KiB) Viewed 2401 times
nbs1.PNG
nbs1.PNG (472.04 KiB) Viewed 2401 times
teamworks_7_maps.zip
(732.8 KiB) Downloaded 52 times

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Nov 13th '09, 20:58

This pack also has the good-looking Riverrun again. We'll see how that goes.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Nov 13th '09, 22:07

Just a question- in your last screenshot, in the top right, there are two unexplained textures. The beige tiling is OK, but the white version of that texture from M2 is brilliant.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Nov 13th '09, 22:39

I don't think I know what texture you mean, unless you mean the gray brick trim around the brown light fixture, in which case I think that's one of Treellama's textures.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Nov 13th '09, 22:41

The brown light fixture is the one I mean. I like what's been done with it. White fits, as opposed to M2's green.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Nov 14th '09, 04:58

That one may be my favorite behind the marbley white one from infinity.

envy

Post Nov 14th '09, 05:29

I'm going to regret including this map, I'm sure. Map 08 is Official Rugbymap by myself.

[attachment=3295:or1.PNG]
[attachment=3296:or2.PNG]

The sad thing is, it'll probably be a pretty decent map to play on, too. Nothing on this one but rockets; no SMG, no shotguns, nothing. Well, fists, I suppose. It's also the only rugby map with 2x cans. I would love to see some rocket-propelled goals but I doubt that's too likely.
Attachments
or2.PNG
or2.PNG (515.52 KiB) Viewed 2401 times
or1.PNG
or1.PNG (475.36 KiB) Viewed 2402 times

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Nov 14th '09, 06:01

I still hope we get to see a gesling stadium rugby map, but this looks pretty good too.

Wrkncacnter

Post Nov 14th '09, 09:33

A stadium would make a good Rugby map.

I like the fact that you used that great brown-white (facsimile of M2) texture again!

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Nov 17th '09, 05:05

It's official.
http://www.simplici7y.com/items/team-works

Includes all of the maps seen except for Official Rugbymap, which is laughably bad. If you're still desperate to play it, it's found in Problem Pax.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Nov 17th '09, 07:25

Thanks. What about the stadium?

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Nov 17th '09, 20:55

This afternoon we had the misfortune of discovering that there are several inaccessible ledges in Telephasic Workshop that need to be set as Monster & Impassible. One is the top of a post adjacent to the blue goal, and the other is the top of the base to a water column in the main stair area. I assume this is true of all similar areas.
Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.

effigy

Post Nov 17th '09, 23:40

Ugh, I'll blame that one on Steve. At least it's not game-breaking, since the ball resets after a time.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Nov 18th '09, 00:59

Yep, and thanks to the nearby ledge you can safely rocket jump to the inaccessible ledge near the goal.
Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.

effigy

Post Nov 18th '09, 01:22

Thank God jump capability isn't included in the script.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Nov 18th '09, 03:02

Like in Marathon Soccer? Yes, so many issues would arise from that.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Nov 18th '09, 05:11

WastdJamacan wrote:Like in Marathon Soccer? Yes, so many issues would arise from that.

I guess you haven't read this thread. DOUCHE.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

PreviousNext

Return to Mapping