Mararthon: Yuge / YugePax

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Thanks Sankara. Your medium room Rococo has a ton of bouncy polygons, so I don't think I'll be able to use it, unless you are able to something to fix it by tomorrow. Same with the TelephoneBooth save.

I made some minor edits to the rest (again, mostly adding sounds for liquid), and they are all good. I may have adjusted the ceiling heights of a couple just due to the way landscape ceilings work in my generator. If you don't vary the heights of your ceiling enough, it'll produce something that looks super weird.

@PresidentPeople, your latest edit is good, thank you!
Sankara
Born on Board

No problem. They were bothering me too, but I didn't really have time to weed them all out. I'll see what I can do but I'm traveling to Serbia today and don't have much time for editing. It's alright if you don't use it. I might fix it up for the next one.

I at least fixed TelephoneBooth. Still harder than I thought it'd be, but here you go. I might get back to you on Rococo, but don't wait for me.
Attachments
TelephoneBounceless.sceA.zip
(1.6 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
Sankara
Born on Board

I took the coward's way out and just raised all the floor elevations along the edges to make an easy 90°. It's the best I could do with the time I got. Here you go.
Attachments
RococoFixed.sceA.zip
(16.71 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
Sankara
Born on Board

One more thing before I go.

I edited StupidLevelThatSucks. I made two things that looked bad look less bad. I also made all the edges around the pool monster impassable. It'd be annoying if enemies fell in there and you had to jump in after them.

If you could double check the sound on this for me I'd appreciate it. I forgot to and now I don't have the time, heading off now.

Here you go, take care.
Attachments
StupidLevelThatSucks.sceA.zip
(14.88 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Adminn_1 wrote:Here's 5 Yugerooms. I made it in time! I told you. [spnkr] [a1logo] :ph34r:
Thanks Adminn, I got your maps working. I think you managed to hit the limit of number of YugeRooms I'm willing to accept with no height variation. Congrats.
Adminn_1
Cyborg

Ha ha, don't worry, I'll make sure to adjust a room to accommodate the complimentary canopy bed in my next batch of Yugeparts for the next version of Yuge. Things will never be technically uniform again! Consequences will never be the same! [MLaugh] [MLaugh] [MLaugh] [MLaugh] [MLaugh] [MLaugh] [MLaugh] [a1logo] [a1logo] [a1logo] [a1logo] [a1logo] [a1logo] [a1logo]
Please donate to NEFX today. https://ko-fi.com/adminn1nefx
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Thanks Sankara. The walls of the save are still bouncy, but the piece is so simple, I hope it won't be too bad if it's not included. Your medium room is fixed, and I included your changes to the YugeRoom.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

WELL!

The deadline has passed. Here are the final yugecounts:

Ammo Rooms - 27
Corners - 27 (23 not counting slight variations)
Ends - 11
Hallway Intersections - 31 (29 not counting slight variations)
Hallways - 28 (25 not counting slight variations)
Intersections - 29 (25 not counting slight variations)
Large Intersections - 27
Long Halls - 23
Medium Rooms - 44 (43 not counting slight variations)
Saves - 18
Separator - 22 (19 not counting slight variations)
Starts - 13
Start Terminals - 12
Yuge Rooms - 41 (39 not counting slight variations)

353 total yugeparts. Here's the breakdown by people:

Windbreaker (130 yugeparts) + custom final level
RyokoTK (100 yugeparts)
Sankara (50 yugeparts)
W'rkncacnter (21 yugeparts)
President People (18 yugeparts)
$lave (14 yugeparts)
General Tacticus (8 yugeparts)
Glamdring (7 yugeparts)
Adminn_1 (5 yugeparts)

Thank you everyone that contributed to this. This turned out way more successful than I ever imagined given the state of things in 2017. Honestly, I think this is the most successful community project even compared to stuff from a decade ago.

Me and Wind will try to get everything finalized as soon as possible. I really hope to get this released before I have no access to a computer for a couple weeks the last half of July.
Last edited by Wrkncacnter on Jul 1st '17, 20:13, edited 1 time in total.
$lave

Oops, was out of town and forgot to upload these. Here they are if it isn't too late for you.
Attachments
YUGESLAVE.zip
(36.22 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

OK $lave, since I'm such a nice guy, I included yours. However, your YugeRoom4 is invalid, as there are no polygons attached to the north connection, and the floor heights on LargeIntersection2 are invalid, as well. There are too many that I honestly don't feel like fixing it. I'd say it's too late at this point to fix them and have them included, I really need to start wrapping things up.

Thank you for the others, though. I updated my last post with the updated counts.
$lave

Yeah all good, I didn't have time to look over them before I uploaded them so there might have been a couple unfinished ones.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Mararthon: Yuge has been released. Thanks again everyone that made this possible, especially Windbreaker for helping to turn my original idea into a full scenario.

I still plan to upload more maps with varying difficulty and other modified parameters, but that probably won't happen until August. I think Yuge tends to be a bit on the easy side, so I definitely intend to release a pack of maps with less overall health.

The secret levels already have a bit less health than the main 30 level scenario, so try them out if you're looking for something just a bit more challenging. One of the terminals within the secret levels also has a link to where you can download more maps, if you're looking for endless gameplay.
thedoctor45
Mjolnir Mark IV

I must say, I'm really impressed, I too would never have expected the community to be able to produce so much content in so little time and not even get carried away during the process.

This scenario proves in a very downright manner that the Marathon fanbase is more alive and kickin than ever.
Personally, I would have loved to contribute at least a little bit to this process if it were not for some personal projects that got in the way.

Anyway, can we now please all focus on getting Halathon ready for release - I mean, we all know we can do it! :P
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

I think the key is to have a project leader that's very clearly actively working on the project. No one will want to contribute to a project if they think they're the only ones doing any work. The fact that I idle in pretty much every mararthon related channel helps a bit when trying to organize things between a bunch of people.
herecomethej2000
Mjolnir Mark IV

Congrats everyone! I'm having a blast playing this!
thedoctor45
Mjolnir Mark IV

Hey Wrk can we have a cool icon for this scenario pretty please?
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

I made this icon a decade ago, and it's the one I've been using locally.

philtron
Mjolnir Mark IV

How do I get the Colo(u)rs textures? I tried unmerging colourspeuck.scea with Atque, but I don't see any shapes files in there. Same with unmerging Yuge.scea. I feel like I'm overlooking something obvious.
thedoctor45
Mjolnir Mark IV

Wrkncacnter wrote:I made this icon a decade ago, and it's the one I've been using locally.

While I do admire your version I think it lacks some colo(u)r for Mararthon: Yuge!

How about this: Image
Windbreaker
Mjolnir Mark IV

You guys don't even have the most up-to-date Alpha 1 2.0.0 icon, used in the title screen of Yuge itself:
Official.png
Official.png (18.3 KiB) Viewed 43586 times
philtron wrote:How do I get the Colo(u)rs textures? I tried unmerging colourspeuck.scea with Atque, but I don't see any shapes files in there. Same with unmerging Yuge.scea. I feel like I'm overlooking something obvious.
Check out Yuge Shapes.shpA [MTongue]
philtron
Mjolnir Mark IV

Okay, so I was about to post how the Yuge zip file didn't contain anything except "Yuge.sceA", when I look again and suddenly the folder has got everything. I think I just didn't wait for the thing to finish unzipping or something. Well, thanks for putting up with my brief silliness.
thedoctor45
Mjolnir Mark IV

Windbreaker wrote:You guys don't even have the most up-to-date Alpha 1 2.0.0 icon, used in the title screen of Yuge itself:
Official.png
Fix'd: Image

That certainly looks official to me.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

That looks pretty good, but you got rid of the area around the circle and made it transparent, which really does not fit my art style. It's a good unofficial version though.