M1A1 weapons do not look/work right in some cases

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.

Post Jan 29th '10, 09:57

hey, I just started editing some M1A1 maps to test out some map making for the M1 thing, anyways was doodling around with Bigger Guns Nearby in weland, and when I saved the map as a single file, then had the program choose that map under environments, all the weapons look messed up.

Do the M1A1 maps use special physics models embedded within each map?
riserobotrise

Post Jan 29th '10, 13:21

Yes. If you try playing an unmerged MInf map in M1A1, it'll act wierd- the textures will be OK, but the monsters and weapons will all be messed up.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Jan 29th '10, 15:39

Use atque and split the mapfile to access the files you need. There may be level specific physics and mml-code.
Last edited by goran on Jan 29th '10, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.

goran

Post Jan 29th '10, 18:47

The M1A1 map making kit on this page contains the M1A1 physics model.

$lave

Post Jan 29th '10, 20:19

$lave wrote:The M1A1 map making kit on this page contains the M1A1 physics model.

upon further examination, I used antique and it worked like a charm.

but thanks guys, and thanks for the link.
riserobotrise

Post Jan 29th '10, 21:50

riserobotrise wrote:upon further examination, I used antique

It's called Atque.
Nice piece of software.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Jun 5th '10, 15:39

riserobotrise wrote:hey, I just started editing some M1A1 maps to test out some map making for the M1 thing, anyways was doodling around with Bigger Guns Nearby in weland, and when I saved the map as a single file, then had the program choose that map under environments, all the weapons look messed up.

Do the M1A1 maps use special physics models embedded within each map?

Weland uses the Marathon Infinity physics, hence that problem you have, Hence the glitches, also if you put in Shotguns and SMG, and equip them it has the image but has the words CHEATER written over them, and says that shotgun shells are "pirated", but not really.

--
[MGross] [spnkr]
^ ........^
oh man... TAKE THIS!
| | _ _
U | |
the pistols can get you nowhere.
elitesoldier

Return to Mapping