Atque Crashes under Mojave

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
heliomass
Born on Board

Hi,

I'm having issues with Atque under macOS Mojave (10.14.6). I'm running Atque v1.1.2.

I can split maps perfectly, but when I attempt a merge, the app crashes (without an error message). This happens after it asks me to choose the output location.

Oddly, if I try to merge an empty directory, it doesn't crash and produces a merged map of 0 Kb.

I inspected the system console, and saw Atque complaining of "failed to copy signing info". My first thought was this could be related to Mojave's more aggressive sandboxing, so I game Atque full disk permission in the Security tabs of system prefs. However, no luck.

Does anyone have any workarounds, or alternate methods for merging maps?
heliomass
Born on Board

I should add, I also see a bunch of other errors in the Console, such as "RETURNING UnknownFS PLACEHOLDER: <private>".

Do I maybe need to compile Atque from source on Mojave?
treellama
Vidmaster

I'm working on a new release that should work with Mojave and Catalina, but it's fighting me. If you compile the command line version it should work fine.
heliomass
Born on Board

Thanks Treellama. I'm actually creating a Docker image for it as a workaround which seems to be doing the trick, and saves me having to find and install any dependancies on my Mac.

I'll share it here when it's up and working.
heliomass
Born on Board

FWIW, if I do compile on the Mac, when I try and merge a directory I get the following error:

Code: Select all

libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type AStream::failure: serialization bound check failed
treellama
Vidmaster

That sounds like a different bug. Are you able to split/merge the standard map file?
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

At least one person has suggested that if the folder contains lua or mml, it crashes for them. Not sure if that's what's happening here.
heliomass
Born on Board

Hi, I only had sceA files.

@treelama: IIRC I received the same error when trying to split a file. I'll test it again shortly and paste the details here.
heliomass
Born on Board

Some (long overdue) followup: The current version of Atque works perfectly under macOS [apple]