Survival Shrine

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.

Post Feb 18th '10, 14:47

It's a net map made with Survival in mind, but it works with EMFH and KOTH.

DOWNLOAD
[attachment=3599:Survival_Shrine_1.zip]

Survival .LUA Thread

Attachments
Survival_Shrine_1.zip
(106.98 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Last edited by xilef on Feb 18th '10, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.

xilef

Post Feb 18th '10, 15:03

Daddy, what are those monsters doing?

ukimalefu

Post Feb 18th '10, 15:06

OK, I tested it, and it does beg the question- what does make this map so brilliant at executing the Survival script, as opposed to any other random net map? Sure, it has powerups, but other net levels do too. I must admit, I also tried Megabyte's script on some Paradise Lost maps- the fun I had on A Clash of Kings, Official Tallmap, Polaris, Hourglass, and Winterfell was far and away better than the gameplay on this.

The map itself is boring- why did you use those new textures? It may just be me, but they seemed out of place. You could've done something cool with plain Infinity shapes. Back to the map- it's very cramped. If I was playing good Survival, I'd like plenty of space to move around (I'm not outright suggesting an arena), just to give myself a chance. Yes, I'm complaining about flow again. Being cramped and surrounded by enemies doesn't usually end well- the map was abysmally small. At Round 4, there was no space to move around, due to the sheer number of enemies. The weapons and ammo was a little thin. The level itself was unnamed.

Sorry there Xilef, but I have to give a 3/10.

And why did you provide all those screenshots? Again?
Last edited by Dugit on Feb 18th '10, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Feb 18th '10, 15:27

Dugit wrote:OK, I tested it, and it does beg the question- what does make this map so brilliant at executing the Survival script, as opposed to any other random net map? Sure, it has powerups, but other net levels do too. I must admit, I also tried Megabyte's script on some Paradise Lost maps- the fun I had on A Clash of Kings, Official Tallmap, Polaris, Hourglass, and Winterfell was far and away better than the gameplay on this.

No ego -- comparing every map to Paradise Lost is a pretty unfair standard.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Feb 18th '10, 17:43

RyokoTK wrote:No ego -- comparing every map to Paradise Lost is a pretty unfair standard.

Yeah, in this case Dugit should have probably used the Red Spectrum scale. I'd give this map a 5/10RS rating, which isn't that bad.

interion

Post Feb 18th '10, 22:17

Surviving these survival threads is much harder than surviving a survival script while trying to survive.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.

The Thug

Return to Mapping