How do you fix false walls?

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.

Post Oct 9th '10, 01:13

In my map I have a false wall and I don't know how to fix it. It looks fine going one way, but the other way it appears that you will run into the wall. However, you can just walk through it. I am a new mapper needing help.
"I am the Nazi in the tank!"

coolfusion

Post Oct 9th '10, 02:50

In Forge, double click the line and choose "Empty"

In Weland, double click the line and click "Remove Textures"

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Oct 9th '10, 03:12

Maybe you should post in my map questions thread. :)

BoBsBrother
Kearney, Nebraska

Post Oct 9th '10, 11:47

Thanks Treellama! No bob I won't post in your thread because its for your questions.
"I am the Nazi in the tank!"

coolfusion

Post Oct 10th '10, 18:47

Did double-clicking on the line and choosing 'Empty' work? If not, the solution might be a bit trickier, depending upon what you're trying to do. If you're using a lot of overlapping polygons and/or 5D-space, sometimes the engine will behave strangely; you'll get 'one-way walls' and inescapable rooms. If this is the case, refer to Goran's solution to a problem i was having earlier with an inescapable elevator:

http://www.pfhorums.com/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=84036

ktaur

Post Oct 10th '10, 20:08

It worked for him.

BoBsBrother
Kearney, Nebraska

Post Oct 12th '10, 00:01

K wrote:Did double-clicking on the line and choosing 'Empty' work? If not, the solution might be a bit trickier, depending upon what you're trying to do. If you're using a lot of overlapping polygons and/or 5D-space, sometimes the engine will behave strangely; you'll get 'one-way walls' and inescapable rooms. If this is the case, refer to Goran's solution to a problem i was having earlier with an inescapable elevator:

http://www.pfhorums.com/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=84036

He was just taking about a transparent texture in the middle of the room.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Return to Mapping