Max items and difficulty level

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.

Post May 22nd '11, 05:57

So I'm working on a King of the Hill map. One thing I want in this map is a big passel of missile packs on the hill: enough missiles that anyone who gets onto the hill doesn't need to worry about ammunition for the rocket launcher.

In my own testing this has worked fine. However when other people host, they've hosted on Total Carnage. As far as I can tell, there are no practical ammunition limits on Total Carnage. I just did a test and was able to gobble up 1024 missile packs without batting an eye, which is way more items than could be placed in a level in Forge.

This means the first person to reach the hill will get all the missile packs for the next 15 seconds, no matter how many I put there. I could put piles of missiles all over the place, but that's not the effect I wanted. Short of a lua script (which isn't practical in this instance), is there a way to achieve this effect for all difficulty levels? Should I give up and assume people that gather games on Total Carnage are cool with people hogging all the ammo?

Crater Creator

Post May 22nd '11, 12:53

If people play with dead players drop items, then the winner will wind up with an even more absurd amount of ammo.
AttilaGeek

Post May 22nd '11, 19:17

AttilaGeek wrote:If people play with dead players drop items, then the winner will wind up with an even more absurd amount of ammo.

NO
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x[i].style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x[i].innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
Dis

Post May 22nd '11, 19:17

Lua is practical in all instances.
Image Image

interion

Post May 22nd '11, 20:04

I wouldn't worry about it. It sounds like the level is bad enough that no one will host it anyway.

Wrkncacnter

Return to Mapping