Idea for this year's Summer Netmap Contest.

Marathon related contests and tournaments.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

I think your point -- that the contest wouldn't be very competitive -- makes sense. I'll come up with something else, perhaps.
irons
Vidmaster

A reminder, though: it could be a neat non-competitive project! [amiga]
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

That's certainly true. Maybe I'll do that for KTA 3.
StoneClench
Cyborg

My 10 cents:

Each contestant or any one else for that matter can make a base map consisting of less than 100 polygons, these are not rated but only 2-3 are selected based on how well they can be expanded.

The contestants would only be shown screenshots of 2D and various 3D paved views before the competition starts, so people can decide whether or not they can work with the base map, without actually being able to work on it. You can choose any of the selected base maps you wish to expand on, as long as it isn't your own map.

Maps are than made available to contestants to download when the competition begins. As for a time limit I think 2-5 days would be quite fun, slaving away into the late hours of the night trying to get it completed. This may not be enough time to test the map though, but a "48 Hour map contest" does have a nice ring to it. This would need a lot of people to sign up to for optimal fun.
Last edited by StoneClench on Jul 16th '08, 01:41, edited 1 time in total.
StoneClench
Cyborg

Well, what about another KTA pack?