Marathon Mayhem 4

Marathon related contests and tournaments.

Post May 29th '09, 20:48

The Thug wrote:I certainly hope not. The first bracket was posted 2 days ago, and I said it wasn't the final bracket.

Ok, I have posted the Brackets for Round 1. The rankings were picked randomly, and the top 14 players received BYEs. The bracket is very large so you might want to download the image and zoom in alot. Round 1 ends on June 13th. I must have received all the recordings by midnight EST that day. Remember to host with the latest version of the maps. Good luck!

Seems like you're telling people to play Round 1, to me.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post May 29th '09, 20:58

Yes, I originally said that, but then I added:
The Thug wrote:I guess I can try to eliminate most of the byes because the tournament doesn't officially start until May 30th.

And I posted a note on the news page of the MM4 website the same day I posted the original brackets:
-EDIT: The posted bracket at this point is tentative. I'm currently working on an actual 50 player bracket and will post it shortly.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.

The Thug

Post May 29th '09, 21:02

I saw the original message, but never the edit until you posted another bracket today. It doesn't matter, since I'm not in the tournament.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post May 29th '09, 21:03

'spanky' is not on teh pfhorums.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post May 29th '09, 21:27

tehWastedJamacan wrote:'spanky' is not on teh pfhorums.

He plays online pretty often so I'd try to catch him online. He's a member of mariusnet, so you can also pm him there. I would actually go online and send him a message by typing: .sendspanky, whatever you want to say.

The Thug

Post May 29th '09, 21:28

In retrospect, I think it would have been best for serious players to post their email addresses here when signing up (or at least give them to the Thug). A lot of the competitors created pfhorums accounts just to sign up for the tourney and don't check here often. My opponent hasn't been here since the day he signed up.
Durability

eliasj

Post May 29th '09, 23:41

The Thug wrote:I've posted the revised bracket on the site.

What the hell? This is horseshit. The only reason The Thug is redoing the bracket is so our match won't count, because he lost. I've attached the films anyway though :(. I'm dropping out of this tournament because this is the worst tournament I've ever seen.

Sorry.
Attachments
thefilms.zip
(168.02 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
The One

Post May 29th '09, 23:52

Are you kidding me with this bracket or can I just not read, because it sure looks like the winner of the Durandal/KNITEpanda match gets three byes in a row and only has to win four games instead of 7.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post May 29th '09, 23:59

no, that's correct, and it is stupad
dude, seriously. dude.

thermoplyae

Post May 30th '09, 00:45

Ok, look. I've already explained this, but I'll go into more detail. After Round 1 there will be 25 players in the Top Bracket and 25 players in the Bottom Bracket. Just looking at the Top Bracket players, the player who got the most kills in Round 1 gets that "bye spot" This will continue until there are 4 players and a bye spot will no longer be needed. After each round, the players get put into their brackets based on their seeds. So if you have an 8 player bracket and seeds 1,2,3, and 4 all win Round 1, 1 isn't going to play 2, but will play 4, and 2 will play 3. It's set up like the NHL Playoffs. I'm sorry if I didn't make this clear earlier.

The One, nice films. Too bad I couldn't have played in those :( "The Thug" in those films didn't have my playing style and never even chatted. Besides, I'm not sure if I've ever played you. If I have, it was some time ago.

The Thug

Post May 30th '09, 00:51

The Thug wrote:The One, nice films. Too bad I couldn't have played in those :( "The Thug" in those films didn't have my playing style and never even chatted.

Sure he did. You underestimate how quickly you type.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post May 30th '09, 01:08

QUOTE(The Thug)
[/quote]

My name is not Creator. Please extend to me the same courtesy I extend to you by spelling my name correctly. [spnkr]

Crator Creater

Post May 30th '09, 01:09

thermoplyae wrote:no, that's correct, and it is stupad

So, so stupad. This whole thing.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.

L'howon
Somewhere outside the Citadel Of Antiquity

Post May 30th '09, 01:35

So wait, if The One really is lying (and since you had to watch the film to find out if you played those games, I'm not sure who to believe), what is stopping other people from doing the same thing? Are you going to make sure every film you get from people matches the player's styles?

Wrkncacnter

Post May 30th '09, 01:43

That's a good question W'rkncacnter. I'm going to have to trust people's integrity. I shouldn't have to do more than that.

Oops, sorry Crator Creater. I think Powerpoint automatically corrected it to "Creator".

The Thug

Post May 30th '09, 07:01

Treellama wrote:Sure he did. You underestimate how quickly you type.

orrrrr net films don't save chat dialogue, whichever
dude, seriously. dude.

thermoplyae

Post May 30th '09, 11:24

He isn't stopping to type.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post May 30th '09, 15:38

RyokoTK wrote:Why did you even post a bracket then.

So he could improve it.
Morphilator

Post May 31st '09, 21:40

Ok, I've replaced the Player List with a Results list. Now you can view which matches have been completed before each round ends.

The Thug

Post Jun 2nd '09, 11:04

Could someone get me in touch with Shotgun Killer? Il n'est pas on the Pfhorums. :-/

EDIT: Also, we should open a pool! [MLaugh]
Last edited by Phortiphy on Jun 2nd '09, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.
Can't speel for hist.
Phortiphy

Post Jun 2nd '09, 16:41

Pfhortipfhy wrote:Could someone get me in touch with Shotgun Killer? Il n'est pas on the Pfhorums. :-/

He's always on the meatserver. Check there. I'll let him know you're looking for him.
Durability

eliasj

Post Jun 2nd '09, 20:46

Got my ass kicked.

EDIT: Wait a goddamn second. How is W'rk in there twice? Didn't we resolve the whole "W'rk is JUICE, Just Found Out" thing already?
Last edited by Phortiphy on Jun 2nd '09, 21:21, edited 1 time in total.
Can't speel for hist.
Phortiphy

Post Jun 2nd '09, 22:38

Pfhortipfhy wrote:How is W'rk in there twice? Didn't we resolve the whole "W'rk is JUICE, Just Found Out" thing already?

I realized this and don't really care. Let's see how it plays out.
Durability

eliasj

Post Jun 2nd '09, 23:06

There was nothing in the rules about entering twice...

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jun 2nd '09, 23:52

Besdies, I'm not actually going to play 2 matches. Have you seen the maps that were chosen?

Wrkncacnter

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Tournaments