Marathon Mayhem 4

Marathon related contests and tournaments.

Post May 11th '09, 22:17

Oh baby.
Count me in.
BforBrett

Post May 11th '09, 22:49

The Thug wrote:The matches don't have a specific date. After May 30th, each pair will have a certain number of days to play their match. That number has yet to be decided. Stay tuned.

Some people I see signed up are very busy. Make it a big number of days, if you want them to have a chance to play!

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post May 11th '09, 23:15

Right on Treellama. 2 weeks sound long enough for you guys? Or should I extend it to 3 weeks per match?
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.

The Thug

Post May 11th '09, 23:19

The Thug wrote:Marathon Mayhem 4 is here! I'll be posting all the news, brackets, and screenshots on this site. It doesn't have a forum, so discussion can take place in this topic. Registration ends on May 23rd. Sign up here.

sign me up
pointerelkins

Post May 11th '09, 23:28

Treellama wrote:Some people I see signed up are very busy. Make it a big number of days, if you want them to have a chance to play!

how do u sign up just post sayin it on the forum
pointerelkins

Post May 11th '09, 23:39

Yes you are signed up. Well done. Until I post the brackets, I've posted the list of players signed up so far under the "Bracket" tab of the website mentioned in my first post. You are the 27th player to join.

The Thug

Post May 12th '09, 00:04

Everyone's saying "sign me up"... I just want to belong!

So, do we get free hugs and candy?

=]
Bapabooiee

Post May 12th '09, 02:01

i'm down
dude, seriously. dude.

thermoplyae

Post May 12th '09, 02:05

i heard u guys talking about this on the server n i think it is a gr8 idea!!

sign me up n gl m8s
ReddishRaddish

Post May 12th '09, 02:46

Sign me up. This is a bad idea.
Image Image

interion

Post May 12th '09, 03:44

IM IN!
SENSIdillo

Post May 12th '09, 04:15

I'm in [MUp] . But, why do you not need to know our GT's and stuff?

SquareMilk

Post May 12th '09, 05:41

Yea sure ill sign up!
electoerecto

Post May 12th '09, 09:26

Sign me uppp [MUp]
ItsTheReaperBBY

Post May 12th '09, 09:53

sign me up;)

The Overmind123
overmind

Post May 12th '09, 11:02

The Thug wrote:Right on Treellama. 2 weeks sound long enough for you guys? Or should I extend it to 3 weeks per match?

Imo, decide how long you'll want the tournament to be. Then decide how many matches it will take to decide
a winner. Divide them with each other to get days per match.

If 10 matches are needed to decide a winner. 2 weeks per match will result in a 5 month tournament. Not
very practical. If four matches are needed, two weeks might work better, because then the tournament only
spans over two months.

Go with what is practical first. If people really wants to participate they'll make time for it. And look you have 27
players. The tournament is already saturated. Even if you should miss out on 7 players, you'll have a great
tournament.
Last edited by goran on May 12th '09, 11:04, edited 1 time in total.

goran

Post May 12th '09, 12:31

Goran is right. I think you should give people four weeks to complete a match.
Last edited by treellama on May 12th '09, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post May 12th '09, 13:49

Sign Me up please :D
Terrorcookie

Post May 12th '09, 14:52

[spnkr] Im game. Just me know when and where an I will be there. [spnkr]
Frogger187

Post May 12th '09, 14:58

count me in. do you need my gt? or u just gonna message me wen u need it?
bballforlife

Post May 12th '09, 16:37

Treellama wrote:Goran is right. I think you should give people four weeks to complete a match.

4 weeks per match is something you'll have to stand for yourself. I suggest a tournament that
will finish during the sommer (= around 2 months). 4 weeks would mean two macthes =/
or a tournament that finish in autumn.

goran

Post May 12th '09, 22:41

Yeah, I would definitely like to finish during the summer, before September for sure. After registration ends on May 23rd, I'll have the actual number of players and will be able to base the time span for each match off of it.
Last edited by The Thug on May 12th '09, 22:42, edited 1 time in total.

The Thug

Post May 13th '09, 00:12

The Thug wrote:Marathon Mayhem 4 is here! I'll be posting all the news, brackets, and screenshots on this site. It doesn't have a forum, so discussion can take place in this topic. Registration ends on May 23rd. Sign up here.

i want in! just let me know the details.
gherittwhite

Post May 13th '09, 05:40

I'm just thinking logistics... What is the probability that either of the two players in a game can host? Shouldn't there be a group of individuals who can host for those that don't have the ability (acting as a unresponsive third player in the match)?
Durability

eliasj

Post May 13th '09, 18:12

i can host if needed
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]

megabyte
Asympotatoes, Mars

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Tournaments