C:\Slim.K - Auxiliary 3

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.

Post Aug 26th '12, 06:01

I wont say it's high art. But here's my newest single as C:\Slim.K
it's a very glitch-heavy, yet light electronic track called AUX 3 (Auxiliary 3)
the B-Side is my second cover (the first was a goddamned trainwreck) of the Pfhorums favorite "THAT SONG" which is to say the least very short and in a somewhat unfinished state. Alas, I have lost its project file, so it may very well be frozen that way.

Either way. Check it out, you may like it, you may hate it. Either way, I appreciate the listen...
As a single under the policies of FATE!mg, this single is a free download.

http://soundcloud.com/c-slim-k/sets/auxiliary-3-single-free/
"Escape will make me God"

zero
Tau Ceti or bust!

Post Aug 27th '12, 01:23

Asylum wrote:I don't think I'd call anything glitch-heavy light. What did you use to make it?

And is that an Atari Punk Console in the album art?

Not the sort of song one would bolt up to their feet and dance to, at any rate.

You dont yet know of AUX 1 or 2. 1 is very danceable. But, 2 is satan.
I did not make it to be danced to. Moreso to maybe drive slowly and or sit and bob your head to. I have many danceable tracks in the works...
I used FL Studio 10 with heavy usage of the "Illformed Glitch" plugin.

I do not think it is an Atari Punk console. It is a 3 way auxiliary audio splitter with trigger buttons.

A new single will be released VERY soon. It has much better tracks on it to say the least. And all this talk of APC's gives me an idea.

zero
Tau Ceti or bust!

Post Aug 27th '12, 05:05

Asylum wrote:I used to think that song was good, but now the glamour has fallen away from my eyes.

I'd shy away from the glitchy sound and try to execute some simple drum'n'bass first. Do you have any DnB tracks?

No but I could quite easily make it.
The glitching is engrained into my music. Not always in a literal sense, could be something more Mr. Oizo inspired, like Tape-Saturated drums and false stops.
I intend to make a few Drum'n'bass tracks. I am releasing three singles total promoting my new 15-track LP coming up ( ^^vv<><>AB [Volume 1]). You are very welcome to wait and see how things progress. They will slowly show off the very wide spectrum of styles that are within the album. This one is more or less exposing the sloppier side (dirty, messy, glitchy, and not altogether very long) as they are the earlier tracks. The next one will have a rather long song and a moderately long one. Both of which are of much higher production quality. The third single will contain the absolute brand-new material and then the album will drop.
Unfortunately, I haven't any fans at the moment. But who knows. Maybe eventually someone will spread me around the internet.

zero
Tau Ceti or bust!

Post Aug 27th '12, 19:54

Asylum wrote:Don't be so passive. If you take an extremely agressive approach with spreading your album, you could probably get some attention. But you have to be really agressive.

That is true. The issue is that I am not exactly experienced with promoting myself. I figured this would be at least a start towards a larger audience. However i seems you are the only one who noticed, haha.
If you have any strategies, by all means, inform and enlighten me...

zero
Tau Ceti or bust!

Return to Chat