Windows 8

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
brilliant
Mjolnir Mark IV

Has anyone tried Windows 8? What do you think of it?
"My advise: V" - g pack
infwaffle
Mjolnir Mark IV

While I haven't tried it, I 've been told that it seems like it's made for a touch screen and/or seems similar to those menus for the xbox 360. Overall the impression I got is that it's inconvenient and it's better to use something else (something that you can simply go to anything in a click or two and access the whole computer through the start menu and all of that)
http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/08/1...een_620x433.png Here's a picture. It looks a bit easier than they say but still not something i'd go for.
Last edited by infwaffle on Nov 1st '12, 01:15, edited 1 time in total.
patrick
Mjolnir Mark IV

>telnet
interion
Cyborg

brilliant wrote:Has anyone tried Windows 8? What do you think of it?
I was really looking forward to it because everyone in the MSM was comparing it Vista, but instead of a return to form it seems like they took the worst interface changes from Windows 7 and iterated them into something even more cluttered. Thankfully it appears this might be the last version with their traditional desktop, so at least these changes are a dead end.
Image Image
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

I've been using windows 8 since the Consumer Preview in March. No problems with it at all. It's quick, easy to use. I'm happy.
brilliant
Mjolnir Mark IV

Fishman92 wrote:I've been using windows 8 since the Consumer Preview in March. No problems with it at all. It's quick, easy to use. I'm happy.
That's great to hear! So I take it you haven't had any problems with software compatibility, then?
"My advise: V" - g pack
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

brilliant wrote:That's great to hear! So I take it you haven't had any problems with software compatibility, then?
Not at all. Everything that worked in Windows 7 works in Windows 8 without an issue.