Brazil

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.

Post Jan 24th '06, 00:08

over the vacation, my sister came down from L.A and she recomended us to watch an older movie by the name of "Brazil". (recomended from her film director freinds)

So we netflix'd it and got it rather fast. I have to admit Its one of the most bizar, cool, funny, sci-fi, romantic, symbolic sci-fi, mixed up everything story I had ever sene! Its one of thoes movies that you have to watch more than once to understand. (i.e matrix)

(summary: A bureaucrat in a retro-future world tries to correct an administrative error and himself becomes an enemy of the state.)

Brazil summary

I thought I had to bring this up because when I was watching this movie, It reminded me of one of our pfhorums members, "SamLowry" which is the name of the main character in the movie Brazil. So I was wondering, is he a fan also? or is it a main qawinkidink...

Ither way, I 120% recomend all of you to watch it. yall would like it. future burocratic systems run the lives of everyone.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

more screens
Last edited by shongshong on Jan 25th '06, 15:56, edited 1 time in total.
shongshong.vze.com (main site)
[Flickr page] (subdivision of renderings)
Marathon Squadron

shongshong
right here

Post Jan 24th '06, 08:18

shawn(at)fsu: My nephew wants to start doing game modding ...
hux: If he likes Halo, try modding for Marathon, the older Bungie fps game.
interkin3tic: Noooo!!! I did that in high school and look where I am now: SLASHDOT!!!
W: it's long and obnoxious, i like it

Sam Lowry
Adelaide Australia

Post Jan 24th '06, 21:52

well, apocalyps now definatly was a crapy movie even though it was 'slightly' sci-fi. (thats on my do not recomend movie list)

Blade runner is definatly an awsome movie! I would recomend it, Brazil is made in the similar time frame of Blade runner, but do keep in mind that even though they are both sci-fi, they are constructed totaly differently. (Be warned) :lol:
Marathon Squadron

shongshong
right here

Post Jan 25th '06, 03:44

AN has the "Naw Man He's Close" map name link.
http://marathon.bungie.org/story/vacuumlevels.html
shawn(at)fsu: My nephew wants to start doing game modding ...
hux: If he likes Halo, try modding for Marathon, the older Bungie fps game.
interkin3tic: Noooo!!! I did that in high school and look where I am now: SLASHDOT!!!
W: it's long and obnoxious, i like it

Sam Lowry
Adelaide Australia

Post Jan 25th '06, 15:47

I made this topic to tell everyone mainly about "Brazil" and you go off startin' new topics, changing the subject... and now youre changing the topic to vacume levels(maby i dont understand the relation)? If you realy want to talk about somthing completly out of the blue, make a new topic for youreself! dont windbag the steam out of this topic for the people... unless your talking about brazil
Last edited by shongshong on Jan 25th '06, 16:00, edited 1 time in total.
Marathon Squadron

shongshong
right here

Return to Chat