Flooding Marathon

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.

Post Dec 31st '07, 23:47

Exactly what time?
Can't speel for hist.
Phortiphy

Post Jan 1st '08, 02:38

Jim wrote:It doesnt really matter if you received an email or not. As long as you want to get in, just say so here.

Say when and I'll be able to say whether I can be there.

Cathunter
Cathunter
Utopia Planitia

Post Jan 1st '08, 03:16

OMFG U BITCH WERE MY EMAIL

EVN THOI DONT PALY MTHON ONLN I SHUD GEGT EMIL
Last edited by Shadowbreaker on Jan 1st '08, 03:17, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Jan 1st '08, 04:34

Hey, count me in. I've been craving a good meta game for a looong time...
ALL HAIL PACKARD THE IDIOT

Packard20
Hopefully not where you are!

Post Jan 1st '08, 09:03

I need specific days, times, and it needs to pop Pop POP! *Z snaps*

I'd be interested as long as the day it turns out to be is one I am free on. (BTW, what timezone?)
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

Post Jan 1st '08, 20:04

Zott wrote:I need specific days, times, and it needs to pop Pop POP! *Z snaps*

I'd be interested as long as the day it turns out to be is one I am free on. (BTW, what timezone?)

Eastern time zone
I don't care anymore.

Jim
Dayton, Ohio

Post Jan 1st '08, 21:12

I might be in, depends what time...

Dakota Bob

Post Jan 1st '08, 22:13

Jim wrote:Eastern time zone

Feck.

thomaslivingston
Lochgilphead, Scotland

Post Jan 1st '08, 22:38

Post the time and I will be there :D

Magnum

Post Jan 1st '08, 23:14

Tommy-TBone wrote:Feck.

Wuss. Cryos can handle EST, we talk on skype till 4:00 his time regularly and he doesn't bat an eye.
:D
Can't speel for hist.
Phortiphy

Post Jan 2nd '08, 00:19

coca cola ftw (and jolt)
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Jan 2nd '08, 00:47

Pfhortipfhy wrote:Wuss. Cryos can handle EST, we talk on skype till 4:00 his time regularly and he doesn't bat an eye.
:D

I guess I'm just not as cool as CryoS.

thomaslivingston
Lochgilphead, Scotland

Post Jan 2nd '08, 06:23

CryoS wrote:coca cola ftw

Once I drank so much, I could feel the veins in my head pump blood with a massive headache, and an urge to move around a bit.
Macsforever

Post Jan 2nd '08, 13:58

Macsforever wrote:Once I drank so much, I could feel the veins in my head pump blood with a massive headache, and an urge to move around a bit.

Erm, from coke?

thomaslivingston
Lochgilphead, Scotland

Post Jan 2nd '08, 21:11

16 cans ftw.
Macsforever

Post Jan 2nd '08, 22:13

I'm in.
Last edited by Blooregardo on Jan 3rd '08, 01:19, edited 1 time in total.
Oh hey a userbar is it still 2007? man I can time travel
blooregardo wrote:
QUOTE(blooregardo @ Mar 8 2008, 12:55 AM)
it's "blooregardo," motherfucker. Say it wrong again and I'll eat your pancreas.

Blooregardo

Post Jan 3rd '08, 01:19

I'm in
VID_32

Post Jan 4th '08, 04:29

POSSIBLE BATTLE DATES: JANUARY 18 THROUGH 21
OTHER POSSIBLE DATES: FIRST OR SECOND WEEK OF FEBRUARY

I have decided these dates because its a weekend and a holiday weekend to boot. I have yet to decide exact times. Remember all dates are EST. Adjust accordingly. Please reply as soon as possible.

Edit: Battles could be held on all four days specified. This ensures that as many people who want in can get in. If you can make it for all that would be great.
Last edited by Jim on Jan 4th '08, 04:33, edited 1 time in total.
I don't care anymore.

Jim
Dayton, Ohio

Post Jan 4th '08, 04:39

Macsforever wrote:I could feel the veins in my head pump blood with a massive headache, and an urge to move around a bit.

You're sure that wasn't too much COCAINE, not 16 cans of coke-a-cola? I hear that's pretty much what OD'ing on cocaine is like..

$lave

Post Jan 4th '08, 04:40

Cool, So just get on the meta sometime that day and there will probably be games?
ALL HAIL PACKARD THE IDIOT

Packard20
Hopefully not where you are!

Post Jan 4th '08, 04:49

I don't think I'll do this, the lag will be fucking awful, I only know of about 2 or 3 people who can host 8, and if those people were there and just enough for them all to take a full load thats 24 people, and I've seen that many one without an organized meta flood. Also, if it's just dates, not hours, there are a lot of different time zones and a lot of people might be at work/school while some people are playing. Also, most of the people I see on net don't go to the pfhorums, although they are generally there often enough that they won't miss out on it. I doubt these would be very good games anyway, a lot of people will probably have lost a lot of their skill, and most games will probably be fairly one sided. Really though, unless we (you) can get at least 4, hopefully 5 or more GOOD hosts, meaning they can take at least 6 people and won't host shitty maps (shitty meaning maps that downright suck, the occasional gag map I would be alright with, you and I both seem to be very fond of those :P), and same thing goes with physics. Some physics downright suck, some are fun for a couple rounds, some are actually pretty good (although very, very few).

Basically, I will probably come check it out, but if it sucks ill probably leave right away. I'll see if Ravenpulse is interested though, although i would doubt he would play more than a couple rounds (if he plays any at all).

$lave

Post Jan 4th '08, 05:24

If I could host, I could handle 8 players.

Magnum

Post Jan 4th '08, 05:32

Oh, we're supposed to actually play games? Screw that, I thought we were just supposed to show up. BTW Jim, you should send an email to the list, since it has a larger audience than here.

Wrkncacnter

Post Jan 4th '08, 08:50

Why don't you set up a list of map packs and physic files you're going to primarily host from then? That way you won't have to worry too much about "bad maps".
Last edited by LegacyTyphoon on Jan 4th '08, 08:52, edited 1 time in total.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Jan 4th '08, 16:30

Okay..

Maps:

Paradise Lost

Red Spectrum

Popems

Revel

Sovereignty

Second Quest

Any of the SQ Coriolis maps

Grendels Happy Cookie

Underworld

Not that people should ONLY host those, but those are probably what I'd like to see hosted most, I wouldn't mind playing some of Gravity's Rainbow, and I'm not sure what people think of any of my maps, most of them definitely aren't very (or even) good though.

For physics, basically I'd recommend using standard, although a couple rounds on TC++ or Rambo would be alright. As long as physics aren't too wacky I wouldn't mind.

This is all personal preference though, I'm not saying people have to do what I say, but generally when I play a good round on net it is with standard physics and on one of the maps/packs above.

$lave

PreviousNext

Return to Chat