Flooding Marathon

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.

Post Jan 4th '08, 21:03

This thread is majestically stupid. It belongs in a museum.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jan 4th '08, 21:27

Jim wrote:POSSIBLE BATTLE DATES: JANUARY 18 THROUGH 21
OTHER POSSIBLE DATES: FIRST OR SECOND WEEK OF FEBRUARY

I have decided these dates because its a weekend and a holiday weekend to boot. I have yet to decide exact times. Remember all dates are EST. Adjust accordingly. Please reply as soon as possible.

Edit: Battles could be held on all four days specified. This ensures that as many people who want in can get in. If you can make it for all that would be great.

I'd say january 18 through 21. I like the idea of through that way you have a wide timeline to get there and you don't have to treat like some kind of business transaction. Oh I forgot, I'm in!

logan

Post Jan 4th '08, 22:31

$lave wrote:Rambo

What about GUS?
Can't speel for hist.
Phortiphy

Post Jan 5th '08, 21:44

Ok, im working on a list of maps and physics. TC++ is definitely in, although I wouldn't expect to see it much because it gets old and retarded. If anyone has any physics they would like me to have hosted, send me the name and a site where I can get them (all I have is TC++). I should have a list of maps up within a day or so.

Also, I need a list of people that can host. I dont care how many people you can host as long as you can host successfully, although if you can host at least 4 or 5 that would be great.

If you can make some maps and would like to have them hosted, just send me the files through email or set up a pack on Simplici7y.
I don't care anymore.

Jim
Dayton, Ohio

Post Jan 5th '08, 22:39

ima host
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Jan 9th '08, 01:32

Here is a partial list of map packs that I will be using. I would suggest that anyone who can host use them as well.

Paradise Lost
Tranquil Graves (2.0)
Popems
Gravity's Rainbow
Second Quest
Red Spectrum
Sovereignty

If you have any suggestions on other map packs to use, say so. A list of physics will be up within the next few days.
There is also a change in dates. This will go on from January 19th through the 21st. I had to subtract a day because I will be gone most of the 18th and won't be able to play.
I don't care anymore.

Jim
Dayton, Ohio

Post Jan 9th '08, 01:36

This thread doesn't make me cry as much as your sig does.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jan 9th '08, 01:37

well i wont be there, i'll be at college and the conn. there is too slow to connect to the meta. oh well.
Marathon Player Since 1995.

If You Are Always Dying in The Game, You Are Not a Bad Player, You Are Learning.

Sharkie Lino
Connecticut

Post Jan 9th '08, 01:43

damn you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! proper education!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

logan

Post Jan 9th '08, 01:50

Don't forget the classics like Box Room, Carnage Springs, Spectral Falls, Dodge and Cover, or SPNKR Springs!
Mordekai

Post Jan 13th '08, 05:34

Ive got some bad news. I may have to cancel this. I have exams all of the week before and I have recently aquired plans for the weekend this is supposed to happen. I didnt want this to happen but it is. Rescheduleing is possible, although i dont know when for sure. Even if this gets rescheduled, I dont know if there are going to be many people showing up. Sorry.
I don't care anymore.

Jim
Dayton, Ohio

Post Jan 13th '08, 16:21

Jim wrote:I dont know if there are going to be many people showing up.

Fuck, dude. People on the email list were clearing their schedules to make room for this, and that shit is irreversible. Shame on you. Shame, shame, shame.

I can still make it whenever, but you won't find me there. I have principles.
dude, seriously. dude.

thermoplyae

Post Jan 13th '08, 17:06

You know, I don't think we really NEED Jim, no offense, I just don't see why this needs an organizer to be there, just set the date and people can come.

$lave

Post Jan 13th '08, 19:56

Slave has the right idea. (no offense taken BTW) I have looked over my schedule and said fuck it. Im gonna do this instead of whatever i had planed. This is a bit more important to me.

Dates: January 19-21(or earlier if anyone shows up)

Suggested Map Packs: Popems, Paradise Lost, Tranquil Graves, Second Quest, Red Spectrum, Gravity's Rainbow, Sovereignty, Crimson Skies, and Revel. If you have anything else, by all means host it up.

Suggested Physics: Ah, do whatever the hell you want.

Im not going to be on much until the 18th, so if anyone of you can, try to get as many people to sign up as possible.

Sorry for the confusion.
I don't care anymore.

Jim
Dayton, Ohio

Post Jan 17th '08, 21:57

Just a reminder that the Flood is starting on Saturday and going through Monday. Again, try to get as many people on as possible. I won't be able to.
I don't care anymore.

Jim
Dayton, Ohio

Post Jan 17th '08, 23:41

Since no one else has said it yet. I will.
Happy birthday JIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by logan on Jan 17th '08, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.

logan

Post Jan 17th '08, 23:52

Sorry for the double post but.....I just noticed the ironic name of this gathering
[attachment=1367:flood_screen001.jpg]
lol.
Attachments
flood_screen001.jpg
flood_screen001.jpg (39.68 KiB) Viewed 5123 times
Last edited by logan on Jan 17th '08, 23:52, edited 1 time in total.

logan

Post Jan 18th '08, 01:05

Thats fine. The picture is hilarious. Thank you for the birthday wish. Made my day. [spnkr]
I don't care anymore.

Jim
Dayton, Ohio

Post Jan 18th '08, 01:30

Happy Birthday Jim!

Also, where'd you get that picture? Make it?

I guess I'm pretty pumped for the flood now, should have some good games.

$lave

Post Jan 18th '08, 02:11

I'll be hosting some marathon games those days, like I do everyday, so expect to see me there.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.

The Thug

Post Jan 18th '08, 03:49

$lave wrote:Happy Birthday Jim!

Also, where'd you get that picture? Make it?

I guess I'm pretty pumped for the flood now, should have some good games.

That avatar pic? i got it off of Google search. I think i put in something about psychadelic. Thanks for the Bday wish
I don't care anymore.

Jim
Dayton, Ohio

Post Jan 18th '08, 03:52

Erm, we may need more hosts. We have me, thug, slave, and maybe a few more.
I don't care anymore.

Jim
Dayton, Ohio

Post Jan 18th '08, 06:53

HB jim...
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Jan 19th '08, 17:55

So um.. todays the flood day? well, part 1/3 anyway...? We have 7 people, including me.

EDIT: I guess that's alright though, it's slightly more than usual, plus we have two hosts, so we can have one large game or two medium/small games going on.
Last edited by $lave on Jan 19th '08, 17:56, edited 1 time in total.

$lave

Post Jan 20th '08, 01:59

Im going to set a specific time for tomorrow and monday. That doesnt mean that you have to be there at that time. It means that people should be there around that time (half hour to 3 hours before or after). This could help make sure that everyone is there at the same time. It will probably be set around 1 pm EST.
I don't care anymore.

Jim
Dayton, Ohio

PreviousNext

Return to Chat