old...

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.

old...

Post Jan 30th '13, 22:26

You know, seeing some of the things you guys talk about, and viewing the approach of a certain decennial birthday, I sometimes feel like the resident old guy here. :huh: Computer gaming has always struck me as the province of those into the newest thing, and although you might reserve a soft spot for certain favorite old games, I don't understand how someone would become interested in a computer game older than himself.
ChristTrekker

Post Jan 30th '13, 22:33

Maybe someone else introduced the game to them? I love the original Ultima, even though it was made before I was born, because my dad had an Apple IIgs with it installed. Seems pretty easy to understand.

Wrkncacnter

Post Jan 30th '13, 22:57

Let's have that wonderful conversation about how Call of Duty is overrated so we can reaffirm our allegiance to disjointed plots filled with incredibly vague mysterious nonsense.
(●__●)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(●__●)

Asylum
Post Jan 30th '13, 22:59

I guess we are romantics.

JohannesG
Iceland

Post Jan 31st '13, 00:40

ChristTrekker wrote:I don't understand how someone would become interested in a computer game older than himself.

Marathon is 2 years older than me, yet I'm here. If people only played games younger than them, older series should have died out by now, such as Mario, Zelda, Final Fantasy, and so on.
Youtube Channel:Crosstroop3r // Traxus Wiki User Page: Crosstrooper
My Marathon uploads: Destiny

Destiny
USA

Post Jan 31st '13, 15:28

Destiny wrote:
ChristTrekker wrote:I don't understand how someone would become interested in a computer game older than himself.

Marathon is 2 years older than me, yet I'm here. If people only played games younger than them, older series should have died out by now, such as Mario, Zelda, Final Fantasy, and so on.

I lived through the explosion of video games in the 80s, so I guess I just don't have that perspective. I compare it to people my age very seldom looking up old TV shows to watch. Even then there was the concept of reruns, so we were exposed to older shows, but we didn't have to seek them out like you would with games. Maybe a more apt comparison is board games, where you friend/relative pulls it out and says, "Hey let's play this"?
ChristTrekker

Return to Chat