Book: Use K.

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
irons
Vidmaster

Hello, Pfhorums.

It's been a long time since I was truly active here, so I have no idea how many of you are familiar with me. I can only hope that my maps and scripts have been canonized since my apotheosis, and that my name is a household word.
santo.jpg
santo.jpg (15.66 KiB) Viewed 7689 times
That's not why I'm posting here, of course. Some time ago, I started and then completed a novel. The book never made it past the few agents I bothered to send it to. Still, it's fairly tidy, having gone through numerous revisions, and assuming you're into this kind of literature, you might enjoy it.

I've hesitated posting here because I have no sense of who actually hangs around here. I'm aware that I've also cultivated a large amount of ill will over the years, but I figure that anyone who disliked me that much would already know about this project.

The book is free to download on my web site. If you for some reason really enjoy it, you can find it on Amazon as well. Sadly, any mistakes you find (and there are probably many of them) will remain as they are. It's time to move on.
Wilkins wrote: Mistaken for a Thomas Wilkins, PhD., one Bostonian attracts the attention of the Milledge Foundation, a cult that believes the key to immorality lies somewhere in the structures of language. He resists their indoctrination, but falls in love with Anna Green, the group’s spiritual leader. Anna dares to question what she teaches. Cast out as a heretic, she flees the Foundation in disgust.

Wilkins trails her through Nantes, Québec, and New York, where he encounters others – worshipers of the International Phonetic Alphabet, splinter cells of the Académie Française, savages from Iceland. If he weren’t busy chasing his perfect woman, he might have time to question what is real. Anna certainly does. By the time Wilkins catches up to his idol, he notices startling changes in her behavior. She even speaks with books.

Only when he lets go of his slothful lust does Wilkins uncover Anna’s goal: to destroy all traces of her abusers, the same men her cult made immortal. As he watches Anna mutilate volumes of text, he, too, comes to believe that books are vaults for the storage of souls. Wilkins accompanies Anna on her journey to oblivion, where the words of the immortal have no power.
treellama
Vidmaster

the key to immorality
irons
Vidmaster

Yes, that one made it in. I approved it before someone pointed out the error, so there it will remain. It's not 100% incorrect, either.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Who?
irons
Vidmaster

NOT YOU
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

So, the truth finally comes out.
listener
Mjolnir Mark IV

Seems interesting. I'll check it out~
Asylum
Cyborg

I love you but not enough to read a book written by you.
(●__●)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(●__●)
patrick
Mjolnir Mark IV

pffffft
irons
Vidmaster

Me neither