Martin O'Donnell fired

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.

Martin O'Donnell fired

Post Mar 4th '15, 21:03

Has anyone else heard about Martin O'Donnell getting fired from Bungie? He is my favorite composer, and its sad to see him gone from Bungie, and under such negative terms it seems. Also to hear that he sued Bungie, it makes me wonder what happened considering how important he has been in the past to them. Its rather sad news.
Bravery is not a function of firepower.

cadencenova

Post Mar 5th '15, 06:46

cadencenova wrote:Has anyone else heard about Martin O'Donnell getting fired from Bungie? He is my favorite composer, and its sad to see him gone from Bungie, and under such negative terms it seems. Also to hear that he sued Bungie, it makes me wonder what happened considering how important he has been in the past to them. Its rather sad news.

Bungie is not what they once were, Joseph Staten is gone too and those two collaborated on almost every game prior to Destiny.
I felt bad about Destiny's terrible lack of story but when I learned that they fired Joseph Staten I feel it serves Bungie right, I really, really want to know what happened behind the scenes.

Bungie is garbage now, they've gone corporate. I genuinely hope that Destiny II is worse.
Shocktart

Post Mar 5th '15, 07:08

community ambassador wrote:Bungie is garbage now, they've gone corporate.

they're gonna need more staples then
patrick
末法

Post Mar 5th '15, 13:43

patrick wrote:they're gonna need more staples then

Sometimes I hope that when you finally decide to 4GET, you'll write a bot that counter-trolls Shocktart.

Other times, I get even more hopeful, that you've already done this.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Mar 5th '15, 19:25

treellama wrote:

Sometimes I hope that when you finally decide to 4GET, you'll write a bot that counter-trolls Shocktart.

That was so full of slang, what did you just write?
Shocktart

Post Mar 5th '15, 20:22

Shocktart wrote:That was so full of slang, what did you just write?

It's simple: He's saying loke to patrick's post because it counters your posts which would make him loch.

Wrkncacnter

Post Apr 24th '15, 16:51

treellama wrote:

:mellow: Don't you mean....

B) ... PFHORGET?

[a1logo] YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!
suddenlysara

Post Apr 29th '15, 06:25

unperson wrote:{crimethink}

lochthink.png

'It exists!' he cried.

'No,' said McGoohan.

He stepped across the room. There was a memory hole in the opposite wall.
McGoohan lifted the grating. Unseen, the core image was whirling
away on the current of warm air; it was vanishing in a flash of flame.
McGoohan turned away from the wall.

'Ashes,' he said. 'Not even identifiable ashes. Dust. It does not exist.
It never existed.'

'But it did exist! It does exist! It exists in memory. I remember it.
You remember it.'

'I do not remember it,' said McGoohan.

'Next question,' he said.

'Does hotmodal exist?'

'Of course he exists. CLIQUE exists.'

'Does he exist in the same way as I exist?'

'You do not exist,' said McGoohan.
patrick
末法

Post Jun 25th '15, 21:04

cadencenova wrote:Has anyone else heard about Martin O'Donnell getting fired from Bungie? He is my favorite composer, and its sad to see him gone from Bungie, and under such negative terms it seems. Also to hear that he sued Bungie, it makes me wonder what happened considering how important he has been in the past to them. Its rather sad news.

I really stopped caring about what bungie does anymore after I heard they were STILL going to make halo games, even though it should have ended with halo 3.

And the impression I get from this community as a whole is that Halo isn't considered to be very interesting, but chances are I'm just an idiot

HunterOfShadows

Return to Chat