Matrix Games For Mac

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.

Post Jun 11th '06, 17:50

Like the Matrix Online, but for macs.

..Anything?
lol butts
poofy

Post Jun 12th '06, 06:04

Maybe I can make a physics file for marathon infinity that makes everything but the player go 2x slower.

Other than that, nope.

assassingao

Post Jun 12th '06, 18:02

Ive got one that makes everythong go sllower and adds bullet trails, its pretty fun on the right map

Switch
NYC

Post Jun 14th '06, 01:57

my matrix physics are ridiculously sweet.

i made an 11-level scenario based after the movie, it kinda sucked, but with evil the railgun contrails make awesome bullet trails.

I also made ridiculously awesome physics, sadly no bullet trails, but bullets, and everything is 10x slower, including the shapes. I originally had the firing of the weapons, but not the reloading, 10x slower, but it took too long, so i made all the weapons normal speed.

if you want either of those, you can have them but it's probably pretty large file.

Billy was a chemist's son.
But Billy is no more.
What Billy thought was H20,
Was H2S04.
xyfbzi

Post Jun 14th '06, 06:54

If someone could add in a slow-down/speed-up feature using LUA that would be great. Not controllable...cause that would probably be impossible...but something that slows down the speeds once the player gets a certain distance from any object (even projectiles...) and then speeds back up to normal once they get farther away...
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Jun 14th '06, 18:39

Mmmhhhmmm...that would be tasty.
The only choice you have is the one I've already made for myself. Disappear into the darkness. Then make them fear the shadows.

"Real life, getting in the way of nerds since 1983"
-DcBob

SirBlastalot
Currently marooned on Earth, please assist!

Post Jun 16th '06, 01:47

I'll just get windows and play the matrix online..
lol butts
poofy

Post Jun 16th '06, 02:19

poofy wrote:I'll just get windows and play the matrix online..

BOOTCAMP!!!

Switch
NYC

Post Jun 16th '06, 18:16

If he gets windows anyway, we'll actually send him to bootcamp.
Also, some people don't have intel-based macs yet. Me, for instance.
The only choice you have is the one I've already made for myself. Disappear into the darkness. Then make them fear the shadows.

-DcBob

SirBlastalot

Post Jun 16th '06, 22:08

There's a Marathon map that's based on that one security room of The Matrix. It's not that great though.
Destroyer E

Post Jun 17th '06, 12:54

I was ironically just thinking about that one. I say we try that map out with switch's PM. If you would care to post it, maestro?

-DcBob

SirBlastalot

Post Jun 17th '06, 17:51

Alright, I can't upload it for some odd reason, but it's in this netpack. It's the 4th level of the pack.
Destroyer E

Post Jun 17th '06, 18:15

Destroyer E wrote:There's a Marathon map that's based on that one security room of The Matrix. It's not that great though.

SirBlastalot wrote:I was ironically just thinking about that one. I say we try that map out with switch's PM. If you would care to post it, maestro?

I don't like that map one bit, the only 2 walls that you can climb are on the vary ends and you only go up like 2 feet, I was thinking of someone doing the arena from Neo and Morpheous' fight scene and everything be jumpable, its would make a nice map and alot more fun with the heigth

Switch
NYC

Post Jun 17th '06, 19:48

I was asking switch to post the Physics he made, not the map. I already have the matrix map, thanks anyway.

-DcBob

SirBlastalot

Post Jun 17th '06, 21:43

I played those physics with him today. Not bad.
lol butts
poofy

Post Jun 17th '06, 23:43

appleswitch wrote:I don't like that map one bit, the only 2 walls that you can climb are on the vary ends and you only go up like 2 feet, I was thinking of someone doing the arena from Neo and Morpheous' fight scene and everything be jumpable, its would make a nice map and alot more fun with the heigth

I made a very simplified version of that in my Warning Labels Map pack, called "Only take 2 as directed"(Level 4)
Darkness called? But I was on the phone, so I missed him. I tried to *69 Darkness, but his machine picked up. I yelled "PICK UP THE PHONE, DARKNESS!", but he ignored me. Darkness must have been screening his calls.

Shadowfury333

Post Jun 18th '06, 01:09

that sounds ridiculously fun, but the problem with matrix physics in netgames is it's ridiculously hard to hit anything.

if nobody else has made that arena thinger, i will. actually i'm making it either way.
edit: i made it, and tried to upload it, but "The requested file upload failed because suitable permissions have not been enabled on the 'uploads' directory. Please contact the board administrator and inform them of this error."
Last edited by xyfbzi on Jun 18th '06, 02:33, edited 1 time in total.

But Billy is no more.
Was H2S04.
xyfbzi

Post Jun 18th '06, 04:59

yes, known for a long time, still working on it

as for the phys, there fun but the pistol is a 1 hit kill (was also playing with golden gun :P) and It was made like before the pfhorums so I dont know what else is wrong with it. Ill upload it later

Switch
NYC

Post Jun 18th '06, 05:24

upload it to my site..

http://pfs.hostiz.com/upload.php
lol butts
poofy

Post Jun 18th '06, 14:58

The important thing is to decrease the delay between punches.

-DcBob

SirBlastalot

Post Jun 18th '06, 15:01

thnx for the uploaded stuff...i realized after i uploaded it that it didn't have one hit kill stuff (its a good idea), so i made another physics model with one hit kills and i uploaded it again as, "matrix good version.zip" you can delete, "matrix.zip".

But Billy is no more.
Was H2S04.
xyfbzi

Post Jun 22nd '06, 23:40

you could go to addicting games.com and play bullet time fighting

the only thing it needs is side scrolling maps, a level editor, more weapons, and online multiplayer with 2-6 people and boom! youve got your self a really great game
"I often think about poor old bill, and how hard he was to saw."

Homocidal Ham
Behind you (mwahahaha)

Post Jun 24th '06, 16:22

Only the new Intel computers can run windows, right? I mean, without the use of VirtualPC.
lol butts
poofy

Post Jun 24th '06, 16:42

poofy wrote:Only the new Intel computers can run windows, right? I mean, without the use of VirtualPC.

Right.
Destroyer E

Return to Chat