A normal day on hotloch

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.

Post Jul 31st '09, 15:16

Clearly you did not!

And are probably right on all those counts, but uh...its what we use, ya know? Plus, in IRC, we never could have pulled off the Joho vert name thing!
deathsavatar

Post Jul 31st '09, 15:46

I've been happiest with the java version of PhareRouge GL in WinXp and Ubuntu, last updated in 2007. The site lists downloads for Mac OS X and MAC, and their source code also.
Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.

effigy

Post Jul 31st '09, 16:55

DeathsAvatar wrote:And are probably right on all those counts, but uh...its what we use, ya know?

I could be mistaken, but I don't believe turning on IRC means Hotline clients can't connect! I wouldn't have asked if I thought that were the case.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jul 31st '09, 20:26

I am actually surprised that Ray, Irons and more people from #alephone aren't usuals on hotloch, because as far as i know, Hotline (or at least the clients i've used) doesn't support thorns, and displays ? instead of þ and Þ. (it also doesn't support æ and ð. but all other special Icelandic letters)

JohannesG

Post Jul 31st '09, 20:48

How would you know if they were? Anybody can use any name they like on Hotline.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jul 31st '09, 21:05

Treellama wrote:How would you know if they were? Anybody can use any name they like on Hotline.

well, i am pretty sure they aren't usuals as far as i know. Plus, hotline does support user accounts and many other interesting settings, we just haven't been bothered to fuck around with 'em. (apart for the admins)
We decided to begin with "free" rules, but we'll put a leash on if we consider it needed.

JohannesG

Post Jul 31st '09, 21:29

Treellama wrote:How would you know if they were? Anybody can use any name they like on Hotline.

Now look what you did. We've already had a few shenanigans involving absurd things similar to that but now I'm sure someone will ruin all the fun and capitalize on our freedom.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.

L'howon
Somewhere outside the Citadel Of Antiquity

Post Jul 31st '09, 22:03

Treellama wrote:I could be mistaken, but I don't believe turning on IRC means Hotline clients can't connect! I wouldn't have asked if I thought that were the case.

IRC doesn't order the userlist by UID.

PR is OK effigy, but using java apps makes me want to die. So the net cost is not OK. Lately I've just been using HX in an open terminal...

-DA
deathsavatar

Post Aug 1st '09, 01:40

DeathsAvatar wrote:IRC doesn't order the userlist by UID.

Wait, what? Why did you quote me in your reply?

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Aug 1st '09, 03:22

Treellama wrote:Wait, what? Why did you quote me in your reply?

I think he was somehow still on the subject of the Joho name thing, which was only possible because HL sorts by UID. (Your message was a reply to a message where, amongst other things, he noted that fact; though your message was not replying to that part of his message).
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
Director of the Xeventh Project, the team behind Eternal
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."

Pfhorrest
California

Previous

Return to Chat