Ye Olde Signature Discussion

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.

Post Aug 13th '09, 23:10

^
^
^
^
^
So why the signature?
Mine was spawned in a flood of loch and Elliot Smith music, how did yours come into the world?
Meta

Post Aug 14th '09, 00:00

Due to my absurdly nonstop posting when I first joined, I decided something akin to a 180º turn away from that approach would be better. I keep the signature around to remind me at all times when I think I should post to actually consider if it adds anything worthwhile or interesting. It's been somewhat effective, though not as much as I would like. The quote is just something humorous I picked up from a spambot raid.
Last edited by L'howon on Aug 14th '09, 00:01, edited 1 time in total.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.

L'howon
Somewhere outside the Citadel Of Antiquity

Post Aug 14th '09, 07:35

havent come up with any better yet, 'nuff said.
Last edited by CryoS on Aug 14th '09, 07:35, edited 1 time in total.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?

CryoS
The Dungeon

Post Aug 14th '09, 08:16

One is a link to a cool YTMND I made based off the Moskau Dance/song.

The other is a link to a blog I help write gaming articles for.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

Post Aug 14th '09, 13:02

Meta wrote:Mine was spawned in a flood of loch and Elliot Smith music, how did yours come into the world?

It's also far too long. Put it in your blog and just put a link in your sig, please.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Aug 14th '09, 13:48

I have always been proud of my large and obnoxious sigs. I may add another button or something later..

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Aug 14th '09, 14:55

My signature

Shameless plug

Promoting space exploration (for real)

Another shameless plug

(they're all links)
Last edited by ukimalefu on Aug 14th '09, 15:01, edited 1 time in total.

ukimalefu

Post Aug 14th '09, 15:42

Treellama wrote:It's also far too long. Put it in your blog and just put a link in your sig, please.

My other one was a wall of text the size of Shadowbreakers Imgage and no one complained. [MFrown]
Meta

Post Aug 14th '09, 16:26

Meta wrote:My other one was a wall of text the size of Shadowbreakers Imgage and no one complained. [MFrown]

You mistake lack of complaint for lack of caring - signatures generally aren't a big deal until you brought it up.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.

L'howon
Somewhere outside the Citadel Of Antiquity

Post Aug 14th '09, 16:52

I didn't want to take another thread off-topic, or start my own topic.
Last edited by treellama on Aug 14th '09, 16:53, edited 1 time in total.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Aug 14th '09, 20:16

If only we had some machine that kept track of CLIQUE signatures. Boretower3 exists now, so it's possible. But let's take a look at some of the shit I've had in the past (a nice walk down memory lane):

During the time when tons of kids had USERBARS:

Promoting my Marathon 4 Plot:

Moving beyond USERBARS:

Who could 4GET this:

Back when I lurked in the primordial darkness of Pfhorums v1 as THE PHANTOM:

The best one is yet to come; I hit the per-post image limit.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Aug 14th '09, 20:18

Awesome:

My present signature began as a single Fat Sam and slowly multiplied to ten. That's how I found out about the ten-image limit for signatures. Then I made each Fat Sam twice as big. Who knows if they'll keep growing.
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Aug 14th '09, 20:23

Don't forget the ultimate conclusion to the userbar/userbox/usercube escalation:

Last edited by treellama on Aug 14th '09, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Aug 14th '09, 20:37

Shadowbreaker wrote:I have always been proud of my large and obnoxious sigs. I may add another button or something later..

I've been wondering something since maybe spring 2008: Why do you still have the link to Shadow's home page? That page hasn't changed since 2007. Keeping a link to a dead news/update/etc. site makes the scenario look equally dead. If you don't care how little people know of the up-to-date progress information, why is that link still there? Or, conversely, if you do care, why not update the site?
Last edited by irons on Aug 14th '09, 20:37, edited 1 time in total.

irons
(.Y.)

Post Aug 14th '09, 21:04

Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate

Drictelt
Belgium

Post Aug 14th '09, 22:17

#1: just a jamacafail i posted in a forum. people thought i spoke spanish for some reason.

#2: limerick describing my despicable ways.

#3: need i say more?
Last edited by tehWastedJamacan on Aug 14th '09, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Aug 14th '09, 22:54

Treellama wrote:Don't forget the ultimate conclusion to the userbar/userbox/usercube escalation:

Sorry, but that wasn't the conclusion. Maybe you missed Irons's "more than anything".

Wrkncacnter

Post Aug 14th '09, 23:10

Maybe I missed it too.

irons
(.Y.)

Post Aug 14th '09, 23:23

Come ON. You have to remember the

User - More than anything.

Also, I brought back my favorite sig just for this topic.

Wrkncacnter

Post Aug 14th '09, 23:27

HOLY SHIT YES

Dave Fischler, everybody.

irons
(.Y.)

Post Aug 15th '09, 01:09

irons wrote:I've been wondering something since maybe spring 2008: Why do you still have the link to Shadow's home page? That page hasn't changed since 2007. Keeping a link to a dead news/update/etc. site makes the scenario look equally dead. If you don't care how little people know of the up-to-date progress information, why is that link still there? Or, conversely, if you do care, why not update the site?

It was my new years resolution... I got uh... sidetracked. Winter 1.2 is also in "progress", but I havent updating anything either. The problem about me posting updates is that I'm generally incapable of posting anything new or cool looking, I need the graphics from CryoS first :P

---

Also, the GET OFF MY PHONE line is quoting Glenn Beck on his interesting philosophy on healthcare, see it on The Young Turks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA7-BvVDV10

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Sep 17th '09, 01:51

Misdirection
shawn(at)fsu: My nephew wants to start doing game modding ...
hux: If he likes Halo, try modding for Marathon, the older Bungie fps game.
interkin3tic: Noooo!!! I did that in high school and look where I am now: SLASHDOT!!!
W: it's long and obnoxious, i like it

Sam Lowry
Adelaide Australia

Post Sep 17th '09, 19:03

I had a .gif of a dancing goldfish but some AI hacked my signature.

Megaman

Post Sep 20th '09, 23:05

My signature consists of two distinct parts. The first part is a quote of the best post ever made on the Pfhorums. The second part is an obscure, humorous reference related to irons' blog.
Alan wrote:
QUOTE(Alan @ Feb 1 2008, 08:14 PM)
Also why is Bridget a guy yet he looks so pretty?

Bridget
Another World

Return to Chat