The Classic Doctor Whos

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.

Post Nov 7th '09, 12:03

Being an avid fan of Doctor Who, I was wondering if anybody else watched the older ones (either for normal entertainment or comedic (bad special effects; overacting etc) value), and if so, which one (or more) was/were your favorite(s)?

Vale,
Dugit
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Nov 7th '09, 15:09

Tom Baker is classic. They don't make 'em like that anymore.
Durability

eliasj

Post Nov 8th '09, 01:31

g pack wrote:Tom Baker is classic. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

v.
acks45
20 Minowere Dr. Fromidlov, Canada.

Post Nov 10th '09, 08:15

ray

Post Nov 10th '09, 21:56

I watched The Five Doctors Special, but it just seemed lacking for an anniversary special. Sure, there was a good variety of monster and conflict, but the fact that Cybermen and a Dalek appeared in the same episode, but did not come into some kind of engagement, leaves a potential hole unfilled.

Yesterday, I watched the episodes Attack of the Cybermen and Remembrance of the Daleks. Attack was good in story and original concept, and monster variety (did anyone notice the All Black Cyberman?), and the special effects were good concerning the lack of special effect ability and budget. Remembrance was also good in story and monster variety (Special Weapons Dalek?), but the special effects were awful.

Vale,
Dugit
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Return to Chat