Meatserver's "Ingue Ferroque" room

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.

Post Dec 14th '09, 01:25

I was checking who's online at mariusnet.com for Mararthon when I saw that a guest was online and in the "Ingue Ferroque" room, as opposed to in "Arrival." I'm curious, what's the purpose of this room?
Durability

eliasj

Post Dec 14th '09, 02:12

There are two rooms allocated on the metaserver, Arrival and Ingue Ferroque. It doesn't really have a purpose. I think those guests must be using a very, very old version of Aleph One, that doesn't join Arrival automatically; and the metaserver puts them in Ingue Ferroque instead.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Dec 14th '09, 04:19

Is there something wrong with Ingue Ferroque, or do you just not use it due to lack of people?
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.

envy
Land of the New Rising Sun

Post Dec 14th '09, 04:29

Marathon only needs one room. A lot of people have enough trouble playing network games without the added confusion of picking the wrong meatserver room. Fun fact: some time ago, we were stuck in Vimy Ridge, which worked OK until playmyth or whatever closed and some high-quality Myth players came in. PPE (the owner) hates us enough as it is for having impersonated admins (yeah you, The Thug).
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Dec 14th '09, 04:30

so its the people' fault.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.

envy
Land of the New Rising Sun

Post Dec 14th '09, 04:31

I'm saying even if we needed tons of rooms (we don't), we probably wouldn't get them.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Dec 14th '09, 22:25

I think I have a good enough reputation to start a PETITION.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.

The Thug

Return to Chat