The internet is weird

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
Pfheil
Cyborg

Wish I hadn't 4got about this place, it's apparently been going ballistic the last month or so.

Vale,
Whatdoesthatevenmean?
F-OBED F-OBED F-OBED
Map badly if you must, but MAP.
ellio7t
Cyborg

Pfheil wrote:Vale,
Whatdoesthatevenmean?
You're too late.
words
ellio7t
Cyborg

irons wrote:

That is Rick Geary, not FLW.
words
Dugit
Vidmaster

Pfheil wrote:Vale,
Whatdoesthatevenmean?
Durandal said it.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

Ha. I just realized that "Vale" (apparently pronounced "Walay") is Latin for "goodbye". My friend just told me.
VikingBoyBilly
Mjolnir Mark IV

Pfhortipfhy wrote:I was thinking about how interesting it was to have been part of something that had never been done before.
The public commander keen forum has 12-year old and 29-year old regulars like you wouldn't believe!
acks45
Mjolnir Mark IV

Envy wrote:Well I lost any respect I would have had for our older members when I read the posts where they needlessly flamed children.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning. That real gasssy smell.... smells like ......Victory.
acks45
Mjolnir Mark IV

$lave wrote:Commenting on this behaviour is needless and rude though. I think the real problem is that you older dudes can't just mind your own business and not be assholes to the young folk all the time. When was the last time you contributed something to the community? When was the last time you thought about a post briefly before hitting 'add reply'? When was the last time you encouraged anyone?
Why dont you ask treellamma?
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

$lave wrote:Commenting on this behaviour is needless and rude though. I think the real problem is that you older dudes can't just mind your own business and not be assholes to the young folk all the time. When was the last time you contributed something to the community? When was the last time you thought about a post briefly before hitting 'add reply'? When was the last time you encouraged anyone?
When was the last time you ever improved on anything done IN YOUR LIFE.
Last edited by gmanyo on Jan 7th '10, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
VikingBoyBilly
Mjolnir Mark IV

When was the last time I had a bagel with cream cheese? Feels like a while.
Dugit
Vidmaster

VikingBoyBilly wrote:When was the last time I had a bagel with cream cheese? Feels like a while.
A bagel with cream cheese is not complete without salmon.

I think the topic is floundering.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
Pfheil
Cyborg

Quick: everybody lie about their age to make it seem less awkward!

I know, we'll all be 22 just like Holden Caulfield.
F-OBED F-OBED F-OBED
Map badly if you must, but MAP.
thermoplyae
Mjolnir Mark IV

Dugit wrote:I think the topic is floundering.
yes, because apparently no one reads the Legends threads to get wrk's joke. how uncultured are you pricks?
dude, seriously. dude.
Dis
Mjolnir Mark IV

Drictelt wrote:I think generally the problem is new users don't know how intelligent their posts have to be. In real life, in some circumstances, it is allowed to say anything that pops up in your mind, and in others it's best to say only the highly necessary. A forum like this doesn't resemble any situation in real life and is even different from other internet places like chatrooms and pigeon lounges. When I first came here, I used to make quite a lot of unnecessary posts as well, but quickly learned not to. The responses I got, however, were often a bit more harsh than necessary (I'm afraid I've made myself guilty to similar harshness by now). Maybe we should just warn all new users somehow that they have to think before posting, that a higher level is expected than in informal conversations.
Shouldn't actual intelligence/maturity suffice?
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x.style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x.innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
CryoS
Vidmaster

moslty people go "hey its an internet forum, i can be as stupid and immature as i want"
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
VikingBoyBilly
Mjolnir Mark IV

CryoS wrote:moslty people go "hey its an internet forum, i can be as stupid and immature as i want"
Ahhh... I'll cherish the memories from all the times I spent in gamefaqs [MSmile]
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

ellio7t wrote:You're too late.
irons
Vidmaster

ellio7t wrote:That is Rick Geary, not FLW.
I thought the builder was named Frank Gehry--whom Ryoko hates--, but what do I know.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

VikingBoyBilly wrote:Ahhh... I'll cherish the memories from all the times I spent in gamefaqs [MSmile]
Oh, God! That place! Shit, man. I went there when I was, like, nine years old. I was probably the biggest idiot ever.

Have you ever seen anyone called "DABEE" or maybe "DABEE2"? That was me, I think. But I also think I only posted, like, 10 times, so I doubt anyone has heard of me.