The internet is weird

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.

Post Dec 31st '09, 15:15

Dugit wrote:I meant it to have no comedic value.

I figured you didn't, but maybe I'm also the only one who finds it amusing. Don't worry about it. Read Starship Troopers until you get to the part where Johnny realizes he's over the hump in boot camp.

RyokoTK wrote:FUCK YOU.

[attachment=3457:EP_FRANK...WRIGHT_1.jpg]
Attachments
EP_FRANK_LLOYD_WRIGHT_1.jpg
EP_FRANK_LLOYD_WRIGHT_1.jpg (68.35 KiB) Viewed 3421 times
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
User avatar

irons
(.Y.)

Post Dec 31st '09, 15:16

Dugit wrote:And I wish to bring an end to this pointless farce.

I understand why Ryoko is so angry at me, and I accept it. I still respect the olders of the forum, and that's not going to change unless something awful happens to me on their behalf. I'm just expressing that sometimes (admittedly more than others) I make vocabulary mistakes, and in most cases, they are weak and pointless motions to make myself sound more generally mature than I am. I am sorry for this saga of error, and I wish to apologize to all those who feel affected.

Vale,
Dugit


No, really I do.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
User avatar

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 31st '09, 15:17

Dugit wrote:No, really I do.

Last time you tried to force the closure of a thread, we kept posting just to annoy you.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
User avatar

irons
(.Y.)

Post Dec 31st '09, 15:18

irons wrote:Last time you tried to force the closure of a thread, we kept posting just to annoy you.


By 'pointless farce' I meant my pointless farce. I'm not trying to close this thread.
Last edited by Dugit on Dec 31st '09, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
User avatar

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 31st '09, 15:56

This topic is going nowhere fast. I think it almost proves something...
RyokoTK wrote:You, Dugit, and WJ all have this ridiculous penchant for waxing dramatic as soon as anyone stops being tolerant of your games.

WJ? I thought it was me, Dugit and Envy. Actually, I'm just an idiot sometimes. Not sure how much I "wax dramatic".
Image
User avatar

gmanyo

Post Dec 31st '09, 15:57

gmanyo wrote:This topic is going nowhere fast. I think it almost proves something...

WJ? I thought it was me, Dugit and Envy. Actually, I'm just an idiot sometimes. Not sure how much I "wax dramatic".

That's why I didn't mention you. :)
User avatar

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Dec 31st '09, 17:51

irons wrote:I'm encouraging you to DIE.


User avatar

$lave

Post Dec 31st '09, 17:55

irons wrote:I'm encouraging you to DIE.


Don't say that.
Last edited by Dugit on Dec 31st '09, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
User avatar

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 31st '09, 18:00

Image
User avatar

gmanyo

Post Dec 31st '09, 18:00

Oh dear... it's degenerating...
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
User avatar

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 31st '09, 18:02

Dugit wrote:Oh dear... it's degenerating...


You just noticed?
Image
User avatar

gmanyo

Post Dec 31st '09, 18:06

gmanyo wrote:You just noticed?


Evidently.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
User avatar

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 31st '09, 18:25

RyokoTK wrote:You, Dugit, and WJ all have this ridiculous penchant for waxing dramatic as soon as anyone stops being tolerant of your games.


Just curious, but when? I don't remember "waxing dramatic," but then again i have a terrible memory.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
User avatar

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Dec 31st '09, 18:32

Legendary.
I don't care anymore.
User avatar

Jim
Dayton, Ohio

Post Dec 31st '09, 18:41

Jim wrote:Legendary.

not even close
dude, seriously. dude.
User avatar

thermoplyae

Post Dec 31st '09, 18:42

Jim wrote:Legendary.

I was hoping, but I don't think this is going to go much farther.
Image
User avatar

gmanyo

Post Dec 31st '09, 18:45

Jim wrote:Legendary.


Meh.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
User avatar

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Dec 31st '09, 21:19

I don't get why everyone wants Dugit to stop talking like an idiot. Am I the only one that find it amusing?
User avatar

Wrkncacnter

Post Dec 31st '09, 22:25

You certainly aren't alone in this, however the rest of the shit posting is quite irritating. (Even though it helped shape this particularly entertaining thread.)
Image
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x[i].style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x[i].innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
Dis

Post Dec 31st '09, 23:40

W wrote:I don't get why everyone wants Dugit to stop talking like an idiot. Am I the only one that find it amusing?

finds
either that or English is a silly language.
Last edited by Drictelt on Dec 31st '09, 23:40, edited 1 time in total.
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate
User avatar

Drictelt

Post Dec 31st '09, 23:59

Drictelt wrote:finds
either that or English is a silly language.

GODDAMNIT QUIT CORRECTING MY ERRORS!!!!!!!!!!! Every time I do something wrong you guys are always giving me all sorts of shit. Leave me alone.
User avatar

Wrkncacnter

Post Jan 1st '10, 08:04

W wrote:GODDAMNIT QUIT CORRECTING MY ERRORS!!!!!!!!!!! Every time I do something wrong you guys are always giving me all sorts of shit. Leave me alone.

One of your words is below the others in the same line, you might want to fix that up.

No, but in all seriousness, I find the fact that our current setting, the worship of a howevermany year old game with outdated everything, an "old guard" and a new influx of users, to be fascinating. It's a rather unique social experiment. Given the relative novelty of the Internet, and multiplayer video games, as well as the effects of the open source movement, and the specific amount of popularity Marathon has/had, as well as the demographics its crowd of users, one can see that this crowd is unique. No other community is exactly like this, indeed, we're paving the way for social science. A case study in an "Old-Guard versus New Generation", with the additional factor of "content creation" proficiency effecting social status, as well as the effect of poor (or not) grammar and spelling upon observed "intelligence" of the post.

I won't pretend that I was observing these things closely before, but over my break I was thinking about how interesting it was to have been part of something that had never been done before. There is bountiful information here about human interaction, and what that says about our deeper levels of psychological tendencies and habits. The greatest thing about all of this is that it's archived, saved, for future generations to laugh and read and be inspired or do whatever they want with our conversations, if they so choose. Given the wealth of information generated each day, it'll be a miracle if someone stumbles upon this place 75 years from now, but one can hope.

I hope that doesn't sound dumb, I have a tendency to post stupid things late at night and then cringe about it in the morning I've found.
Can't speel for hist.
Phortiphy

Post Jan 1st '10, 09:00

Pfhortipfhy wrote:*words over the internet*

I'm pretty sure it's been done before. There are plenty of old game communities and several of them probably have modern emulators/level creators. We're lucky to have a guy like Tree, however, who codes all the stuff for the game; not many (though probably a few other than this one) online communities have that kind of guy.
Image
User avatar

gmanyo

Post Jan 1st '10, 10:15

gmanyo wrote:I'm pretty sure it's been done before. There are plenty of old game communities and several of them probably have modern emulators/level creators. We're lucky to have a guy like Tree, however, who codes all the stuff for the game; not many (though probably a few other than this one) online communities have that kind of guy.


Even still, that shouldn't stop other people creating something aswell, I mean, surely there's more than one programmer here.
If I could, I would!
Fishman92

Post Jan 1st '10, 10:38

Pfhortipfhy wrote:One of your words is below the others in the same line, you might want to fix that up.

No, but in all seriousness, I find the fact that our current setting, the worship of a howevermany year old game with outdated everything, an "old guard" and a new influx of users, to be fascinating. It's a rather unique social experiment. Given the relative novelty of the Internet, and multiplayer video games, as well as the effects of the open source movement, and the specific amount of popularity Marathon has/had, as well as the demographics its crowd of users, one can see that this crowd is unique. No other community is exactly like this, indeed, we're paving the way for social science. A case study in an "Old-Guard versus New Generation", with the additional factor of "content creation" proficiency effecting social status, as well as the effect of poor (or not) grammar and spelling upon observed "intelligence" of the post.

I won't pretend that I was observing these things closely before, but over my break I was thinking about how interesting it was to have been part of something that had never been done before. There is bountiful information here about human interaction, and what that says about our deeper levels of psychological tendencies and habits. The greatest thing about all of this is that it's archived, saved, for future generations to laugh and read and be inspired or do whatever they want with our conversations, if they so choose. Given the wealth of information generated each day, it'll be a miracle if someone stumbles upon this place 75 years from now, but one can hope.

I hope that doesn't sound dumb, I have a tendency to post stupid things late at night and then cringe about it in the morning I've found.


No it doesn't sound dumb to me. I like it; it makes good sense.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
User avatar

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

PreviousNext

Return to Chat



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users