Goodbye

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.

Post Jan 18th '10, 15:29

Well, I guess it's time for me to say goodbye. It's been a good run, but I believe that, although my mapping has improved substantially in my travels through the pfhorums, I have to move on. Weland can only do so much, and Marathon can only handle so much. So I forsake Weland, and the pfhorums, and, to a certain extent, Obed. I have moved on, and I'm only sorry I didn't do more to contribute, than to degrade the community here. This dysfunctional family has been mine for a little over a year, but I need to get out into the real world, if you'll excuse my metaphor.

And so I pack my bags, leaving a few loose ends and a great deal of memories behind. Goodbye Weland. Goodbye Sheepshaver, and Forge. Goodbye Obed. And, most importantly, goodbye Pfhorums.

Good Luck To You All In The Future
Last edited by tehWastedJamacan on Jan 18th '10, 15:30, edited 1 time in total.
D?rovací tvá?í.

Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.

tehWastedJamacan
SuFu, SD

Post Jan 18th '10, 15:44

I would stop making goodbye threads if I were anyone; it seems like people have the tendency to come back eventually. Not that you shouldn't post something like "hey, I think I'm going to leave for awhile, might be back, might not," but seriously, goodbye threads seem to be very often broken.

That being said, I was wondering where you'd gone the last few days. I though maybe you'd died or something. What would we think if a Pfhorums member died, anyway? Would we figure out, or would we just think that they stopped posting?

gmanyo

Post Jan 18th '10, 15:57

gmanyo wrote:Not that you shouldn't post something like "hey, I think I'm going to leave for awhile, might be back, might not,"

No, you probably shouldn't even post that. It just looks like you want attention.

Shouldn't this be in Chat?

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jan 18th '10, 16:18

Treellama wrote:No, you probably shouldn't even post that. It just looks like you want attention.

I guess, but I still like to know what happened to people/wether or not they actually decided to leave for a bit. I mean, I know us humans are created not to care for other people or relationships or shit like that, but I at least slightly care where other people go.

gmanyo

Post Jan 18th '10, 18:06

NOOOO DOOON'T GOOO!!!!

ukimalefu

Post Jan 18th '10, 18:09

Can't say I feel sad for your departure, I hardly know you. But I hope you come back eventually.

On the subject of people dying, you know Boretower2? Is he really dead?
"Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one."
Formerly Felldoh93
My Deviantart

Caleb
Pennsylvania

Post Jan 18th '10, 19:20

It was fun to work with you on MPDX, even if I gave you shit from time to time.

I honestly felt the same way about things when I decided to duck out on my loch, and I guess it's just something that either sticks or doesn't.

We never really got close to finishing MPDX, which was my fault. If you decide to come back, I'll restart the project, and this time we'll finish it.
Kurinn

Post Jan 18th '10, 19:35

gmanyo wrote:I mean, I know us humans are created not to care for other people or relationships or shit like that, . . .

The new definition of social creatures.
words

ellio7t
long beach, ca no, now I live in L.A.

Post Jan 18th '10, 20:30

Drop by for an online game every once in a while.

May the Candle of Knowledge burn brightly to illuminate your future. [MGrin]
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

Post Jan 19th '10, 07:22

Goodbyeeeee
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Jan 20th '10, 18:09

Meh, the guy will be back.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.

LegacyTyphoon

Return to Chat