Choosing what to get

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.

Post Sep 23rd '10, 21:58

I am debating which to get for pc, as I have finished half life 2, but never got to finish half life 1
Last edited by Skullcleaver on Sep 23rd '10, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.
I LIKE PIE

Skullcleaver
LALA Land

Post Sep 23rd '10, 22:50

Windbreaker wrote:Caustic Dystopia.

That sounds like some kind of VD.

interion

Post Sep 23rd '10, 22:57

HALF LIFE 2!

ukimalefu

Post Sep 23rd '10, 23:35

Half-Life 2, if you look hard enough (which is not very) you can find the first for dead cheap.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

VirtualX1
no

Post Sep 24th '10, 02:01

I preferred the second vastly over the first. You should get the Orange Box, you get Half Life 2, it's episodes, and 2 other games that also pwn for just $30.

TectonInd

Post Sep 24th '10, 20:05

I never finished Half Life because I found it to be somewhat boring. I was playing the source versions too, so it wasn't all graphics responsible for that decision. I'd say you could buy Half Life 2 or some other source engine game and download a bunch of mods, considering you've already completed Half Life 2.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

Post Sep 24th '10, 20:18

Windbreaker wrote:Caustic Dystopia.

not an answer! [MAngry]
I LIKE PIE

Skullcleaver
LALA Land

Post Sep 25th '10, 01:17

I'm gonna agree with the orange box. Portal is pretty great, and it has esipodes.

Zott wrote:so it wasn't all graphics responsible for that decision.

Being a community dedicated to a game from '95, I doubt that graphics make much of an impact for any of us. Hey, on the other hand, you could just not get anything and get addicted to some cool free game with not as good graphics like Nethack or Cave Story.

gmanyo

Post Sep 26th '10, 13:25

Well, I just got HAlf life yesterday and am not dissapointed! I've only played 2 or 3 hours, but already I realize this game is fun. [MTongue]
I might make a thread about half lfie soon....
I LIKE PIE

Skullcleaver
LALA Land

Post Oct 27th '10, 10:27

The orange box is a good bet
MP
***Prepare for Transport***
MarathonPfhor
England

Post Oct 27th '10, 12:32

gmanyo wrote:Hey, on the other hand, you could just not get anything and get addicted to some cool free game with not as good graphics like Nethack or Cave Story.
You don't think Cave Story has good graphics? [MOh]
VikingBoyBilly

Return to Chat