Marathon Alien Netplay

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.

Post Jul 13th '06, 17:09

I'd like to know before I make more maps/script.

EDIT: nevermind question 2 i've figured out how to make the best options work together.
Last edited by xyfbzi on Jul 14th '06, 01:48, edited 1 time in total.

Billy was a chemist's son.
But Billy is no more.
What Billy thought was H20,
Was H2S04.
xyfbzi

Post Jul 15th '06, 10:11

Xyfbzi, if you ever played counter-strike:source, you'll know the pain of selecting every weapons and being killed while doing so.

So, I'd choose an alien and stick with it for the rest of the game.

assassingao

Post Jul 15th '06, 11:19

I'd say let the player choose their alien every round. If someone wants to be the same alien the next time they respawn, they can just choose it again.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Jul 16th '06, 23:40

assassingao wrote:Xyfbzi, if you ever played counter-strike:source, you'll know the pain of selecting every weapons and being killed while doing so.
So, I'd choose an alien and stick with it for the rest of the game.

well in the mode where you select every round, teh selecting is done in a sealed room; nobody in this room can attack, not even with fists.
once you select an alien, you only have one weapon - what that alien does. There's no switching while being vulnerable.
is that what you were saying? because you didn't use good grammar and i barely understood you.

But Billy is no more.
Was H2S04.
xyfbzi

Post Jul 17th '06, 00:01

Well, if the aliens are the marathon aliens, then you could why do they all have to be a uniform size? There are ways to make the actual size of different players change. For example, a pfhor fighter should be a different size that say, a hulk or juggernaut.

I agree that you should be able to choose every round, but I'm not sure if that is possible to be used in conjuction with the method that allows for changing individual player size, since that would be very similar to how the different classes in AORPG were chosen.
If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

"The next chapter finds Rambo recruited by a group of Christian human rights missionaries to protect them against pirates..."
-IMDB.com

"I didn't mean to kill nobody, I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord."
-R.L. Burnside

Phsyco_kid

Post Jul 17th '06, 01:24

as i said, ignore question 2; it worked out.

its possible, but will be annoying for me to lua-ify

But Billy is no more.
Was H2S04.
xyfbzi

Return to Chat