Attack of the Rabid Composer

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.

Post Mar 7th '11, 18:33

And now for some shameless self promotion [MGrin] . After 4 years of working, I had a joint senior composition recital here at the Hartt School with my colleague Dan. It really went well. I put up my half of the concert up on Youtube. When Dan gets around to putting up his half, I'll post a link to that too. He is a really good composer with a lot of energy. I enjoyed working with him on this and incidental music for one of our upcoming plays, Henry V.

Concert Link
Last edited by herecomethej2000 on Mar 7th '11, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.

herecomethej2000
Ledyard, CT

Post Mar 7th '11, 20:36

Nice job! I recently had to go to a concert or two for one of my classes. It was the first time in a very long time going to one, and I thought I would not like it before going. I actually did like it, though. It's so cool how all of the players at concerts play well, perfectly have the timing right of when to play and when not to play, and so on.
"My advise: V" - g pack

brilliant

Post Mar 9th '11, 11:46

Now majority of the concert is now up!
Just missing one of his pieces

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B8F7B08FD2EBE886
Last edited by herecomethej2000 on Mar 9th '11, 11:46, edited 1 time in total.

herecomethej2000
Ledyard, CT

Post Mar 11th '11, 05:24

Not immediately as I have not applied to a grad school. But the year following I will do so. Actually, I'm kinda looking forward to the year of getting my bearings, trying to find work, going back to community college to keep busy. That sorta thing... What did you do after your undergrad?

herecomethej2000
Ledyard, CT

Post Mar 11th '11, 13:54

herecomethej2000 wrote:What did you do after your undergrad?

Got a job

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Mar 11th '11, 23:27

Sounds good to me. I suppose if all else fails I can go back to doing gigs for the short term.

herecomethej2000
Ledyard, CT

Return to Chat