Me

Pfhorums news can be found here. Have a question or suggestion for the Pfhorums? Ask it here.
brilliant
Mjolnir Mark IV

This thread just reminded me of this great song, I Wanna Talk About Me, by Toby Keith.
Last edited by brilliant on Oct 14th '11, 07:53, edited 1 time in total.
"My advise: V" - g pack
Windbreaker
Mjolnir Mark IV

brilliant wrote:This thread just reminded me of this great song, I Wanna Talk About Me, by Toby Keith.
Toby Keith? Ouch.
DADDY Z3RO wrote:If nobody wants to give VALID feedback, then this thread has no point.
No, this thread has a point, it's just out of your control now.
Ares Ex Machina
Mjolnir Mark IV

DADDY Z3RO wrote:No, because it's off topic, nobody gives a REAL opinion, they just piss at the title and nature of the thread. If nobody wants to give VALID feedback, then this thread has no point.
You asked for opinions and you got them. You didn't ask for praise. That fact that you didn't get the response you were looking for doesn't invalidate people's opinions.
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

Ares Ex Machina wrote:You asked for opinions and you got them. You didn't ask for praise. That fact that you didn't get the response you were looking for doesn't invalidate people's opinions.
I am not getting any opinions at all, just random stupid postings, most of which are not necessary.
I want to forget that I made this thread, sigh.
Besides, I don't know how you could say nobody knows who I am if I post on almost every new topic I find.
"Escape will make me God"
Umbra
Born on Board

You've got 544 downloads for your FloatingXHUD M1A1 Ultimate Version
http://www.simplici7y.com/items/floatingxh...ltimate-version
That's gotta make you feel good.

I looked at your Motherland project.
http://www.simplici7y.com/items/marathon-m...nd-public-alpha
It seems like a large undertaking. Are you aiming to single-handedly develop a single player total conversion? Switching to a WWII theme may be difficult as you won't be able to reuse the original content from the game. If it's what you are gung-ho about then keep at it. I'd recommend pulling together a texture set and finish those weapon sprites. Give the community a demo rich in content if you want some spotlight.
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

Umbra wrote:You've got 544 downloads for your FloatingXHUD M1A1 Ultimate Version
http://www.simplici7y.com/items/floatingxh...ltimate-version
That's gotta make you feel good.

I looked at your Motherland project.
http://www.simplici7y.com/items/marathon-m...nd-public-alpha
It seems like a large undertaking. Are you aiming to single-handedly develop a single player total conversion? Switching to a WWII theme may be difficult as you won't be able to reuse the original content from the game. If it's what you are gung-ho about then keep at it. I'd recommend pulling together a texture set and finish those weapon sprites. Give the community a demo rich in content if you want some spotlight.
So far I would agree FloatingX M1A1 is my only successful project, I abandoned Motherland a while ago so I could work on Legend, which has original elements in it, but has enough new stuff to seem interesting. Maybe someday I'll try it again.
I may put up a demo for Legend someday.
Thank you for some legitimate feedback with constructive criticism and valid points.
listener
Mjolnir Mark IV

So legend.... well iit ever be completed?
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

listener wrote:So legend.... well iit ever be completed?
Yeah, I wouldn't let it die on me, my dedication to is is too great to let it slip through the cracks.
I am likely going to really get cracking on it once I gain some more experience. Most of the essential data files are done, but mapping, scripting, and terminal writing is a pain, so I'll have to get more comfortable with that stuff.
listener
Mjolnir Mark IV

Can you guesstamate when the demo will be up?
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

listener wrote:Can you guesstimate when the demo will be up?
It is on hiatus temporarily, but I would say a rough demo for multilayer would maybe be made in early/mid 2012, a real beta
(without spoiler elements that give away major plot twists and the most interesting features) I would say mid 2012, and the final might be released in the latter half of 2012.

BUT---

I might get back into working on it if I could have some assistance, and if the demand is high enough.

I am going to update the actual thread for Legend, which is fairly lifeless at the moment, if you want more detailed info, keep that thread going.
Last edited by zero on Oct 19th '11, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
Ares Ex Machina
Mjolnir Mark IV

Why do I get the feeling listener is DADDY Z3RO? Not saying he is, but sometimes I just get this feeling.
Windbreaker
Mjolnir Mark IV

Ares Ex Machina wrote:Why do I get the feeling listener is DADDY Z3RO? Not saying he is, but sometimes I just get this feeling.
I get that feeling too. It seems to me he's trying to derail this thread with the classic fake account method. We could be wrong; but regardless, this thread needs to get back on track.
Dis
Mjolnir Mark IV

DADDY%20Z3RO wrote:It is on hiatus temporarily, but I would say a rough demo for multilayer would maybe be made in early/mid 2012, a real beta
(without spoiler elements that give away major plot twists and the most interesting features) I would say mid 2012, and the final might be released in the latter half of 2012.

BUT---

I might get back into working on it if I could have some assistance, and if the demand is high enough.

I am going to update the actual thread for Legend, which is fairly lifeless at the moment, if you want more detailed info, keep that thread going.
If your "scenario" is to have any chance of being halfway decent you might want to spoil all those "interesting features" so you can get feedback on them. That's the purpose of a demo for someone like you who isn't a member of a large studio and so doesn't have access to a team of dedicated testers.
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x.style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x.innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
Dis
Mjolnir Mark IV

Windbreaker wrote:this thread needs to get back on track.
DADDY Z3R0 is an egomaniacal poopface.
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x.style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x.innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
cybertron713
Born on Board

TOPIC RESURRECTION!!!!!!!!

I think your a pretty cool person... unless of course AEM and Windbreaker were right in you using a fake account to derail this topic. Then I, too, think you are an egomaniacal poopface. But seeing as it may not be a fake account, I stand my my former statement. [MGrin]
listener
Mjolnir Mark IV

Ares Ex Machina wrote:Why do I get the feeling listener is DADDY Z3RO? Not saying he is, but sometimes I just get this feeling.
Windbreaker wrote:I get that feeling too. It seems to me he's trying to derail this thread with the classic fake account method. We could be wrong; but regardless, this thread needs to get back on track.

Woah, woah, completely missed these! What! Why would you even think that?

It is true that this is a second account, but my other is too old to resurrect. Plus-I forgot my password.
brilliant
Mjolnir Mark IV

listener wrote:Woah, woah, completely missed these! What! Why would you even think that?

It is true that this is a second account, but my other is too old to resurrect. Plus-I forgot my password.
Oh, so it is true.
Last edited by brilliant on Mar 25th '12, 03:09, edited 1 time in total.
"My advise: V" - g pack
listener
Mjolnir Mark IV

no,i was stupid and didn't configure my password recovery.
Last edited by listener on Mar 25th '12, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

I am definitely not listener. Trust me on that. I have no idea who listener is, but he's not me.
I would gain little to nothing from a second account. Not the type who is an "ego-maniacal poopface" as you guys put it.

Listener is some random other user. I thought this thread was dead, I only just now came back to it...
listener
Mjolnir Mark IV

I was just going through old threads, bored, and saw that.

Should have just let it lie.

sorry.
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

listener wrote:I was just going through old threads, bored, and saw that.

Should have just let it lie.

sorry.
Not your fault, man. This thread went WAY into the deep end. Don't get bothered about it...
President People
Mjolnir Mark IV

DADDY Z3RO wrote:"ego-maniacal poopface" as you guys put it.
Dis - The voice of the Pfhorums.
Love Marathon, and also play Doom on modern source ports? You might like these skins!
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

President People wrote:Dis - The voice of the Pfhorums.
The term was used twice. By two different people. Also, I'm not a fan of Dis, he tends to be an ever present force of negativity and argument.
So I should hope he is not the voice of the Pfhorums
Ares Ex Machina
Mjolnir Mark IV

listener wrote:Woah, woah, completely missed these!
DADDY Z3RO wrote:I thought this thread was dead, I only just now came back to it...
So you two both missed it the first time, but then both noticed it at the same time together over five months later. That's a funny coincidence!
cybertron713
Born on Board

Ares Ex Machina wrote:So you two both missed it the first time, but then both noticed it at the same time together over five months later. That's a funny coincidence!
POINT!
Yeah... I'm starting to go toward egomaniacal poopface...... You really should get that multiple personalities figured out... or just end the thread. Yeah, that would probably be in your best interest.