Blog Trackbacks

Pfhorums news can be found here. Have a question or suggestion for the Pfhorums? Ask it here.

Post Jun 27th '07, 20:44

OK, this is really annoying.

I block guest access to my blog but that doesn't stop spammers from placing trackbacks to drug sites.

Can his highness please delete the ability to place trackbacks because I don't think that's necessary or at least give us the ability to delete all of them at the same time?

I know that I and we should just ignore them, but I can't take the risk that curiosity won't get the better of people reading my rampant messages.

Lugas

Post Jun 27th '07, 20:53

Lugas wrote:I know that I and we should just ignore them, but I can't take the risk that curiosity won't get the better of people reading my rampant messages.

You shouldn't ignore them, they exist to mess with search engine rankings. They should be actively deleted, or they'll get away with it!

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jul 4th '07, 17:16

I'll ask again.

Why do we "need" trackbacks?

Why don't we get rid of them?

Why is there not a feature to delete every single one by the click of one button.

Edit: Actually, I've found a way to stop trackbacks. Go into Blog Settings --> Interfaces --> Uncheck "Allow Blog entry Trackbacks?"

Edit2: Does this actually work? I've still got the option to make a trackback!
Last edited by Lugas on Jul 4th '07, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.

Lugas

Return to The Pfhorums