so what are we going to do when the new marathon comes out

Pfhorums news can be found here. Have a question or suggestion for the Pfhorums? Ask it here.
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

i know it's a long ways away but we're gonna get a wave of people. we might have to actually start to try or something
Spoiler:
yes i am aware that some people, like ryokotk, already try
Last edited by gmanyo on Dec 3rd '12, 05:44, edited 1 time in total.
Zott
Vidmaster

Well, it depends on how close this new Marathon relates to the original trilogy. It could share very little besides a name I've sure we'll scare them off plenty good when the time arrives.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee
Windbreaker
Mjolnir Mark IV

gmanyo wrote:i know it's a long ways away but we're gonna get a wave of people.
A wave of guests that lasts a day.

Asking, asking, asking!

"howdo i hsot?" questions Guest 152047
"i cant join" complains Guest 152048, who happens to be in Marathon 1
"THIS SUX IM GOIN BACK TO M4 FAGZ" exclaims Guest 69696969
"penispenispenispenispenis" offers Guest 152049
"whats port forward 4226," replies Guest 152047 just before quitting & 4GETTING

Yep! It'll be just like the golden years.

:(
patrick
Mjolnir Mark IV

it's irrelevant; our own private cassandra has proclaimed the imminent downfall of all creation.

Apocalisp 1:9 I Jon, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of THE LORD, was imprisoned in the village, for the word of THE LORD, and for the testimony of THE LORD.

[attachment=5841:patmos.jpg]
And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Jest not; for I am the lover of my hot sister.
Attachments
patmos.jpg
patmos.jpg (493.56 KiB) Viewed 13324 times
Shocktart
Cyborg

Well I'm going to use the new Marathon Campaign Forge and Anvil editors to make my own Marathon Scenario.
Should be much easier and quicker than what we currently have.
Paul
Cyborg

You know most of them are going to head to the Marathon forums on Bungie.net if/when this happens.

Unless there's a rule that you can only talk about the new game, there. Maybe there'll be a redirect then. Maybe.
WeirdoYYY
Born on Board

Is there even any developments in this? I heard that Bungie regained their rights to Marathon when they left Microsoft but that's about it.
"He looked at his hands, but the fire in his eyes made him blink."
listener
Mjolnir Mark IV

WeirdoYYY wrote:Is there even any developments in this? I heard that Bungie regained their rights to Marathon when they left Microsoft but that's about it.
In their contract for Activsion(?), Bungie was giving the rights to set aside ten percent of their workforce from project Destiny to work on a Marathon game.
WeirdoYYY
Born on Board

listener wrote:
WeirdoYYY wrote:Is there even any developments in this? I heard that Bungie regained their rights to Marathon when they left Microsoft but that's about it.
In their contract for Activsion(?), Bungie was giving the rights to set aside ten percent of their workforce from project Destiny to work on a Marathon game.
Awesome. I'm excited to see what they have in store.
"He looked at his hands, but the fire in his eyes made him blink."
unclenate
Born on Board

is it actually the case that this community will be affected at all by this new marathon? I don't see how they would end up here from there...
MarathonPfhorever
Born on Board

Instead of Marathon 4, what about...Pfhorever Engine, the first ever game building engine with preset models and and vast variety of tools, and online multiplayer, Build a Server and More! GENIUS!!!