Why was Nameless banned?

Pfhorums news can be found here. Have a question or suggestion for the Pfhorums? Ask it here.

Post Nov 23rd '07, 21:18

I was trying to send him a private message with some art for a scenario, and It said i couldn't send it to him because he has been banned. I finished the art for him, and now i can't send it to him.
T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Nathan92
MI

Post Nov 23rd '07, 21:20

I think the list of potential reasons Nameless was banned is sort of endless.

Lugas

Post Nov 23rd '07, 21:23

Lugas wrote:I think the list of potential reasons Nameless was banned is sort of endless.

Why?
T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!

Nathan92
MI

Post Nov 23rd '07, 21:24

posting without research
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]

megabyte
Asympotatoes, Mars

Post Nov 23rd '07, 21:27

He did ask for a Basilisk Bundle, which is illegal.

Lugas

Post Nov 23rd '07, 22:17

Nameless has a long history of asking questions that can be found with a single Pfhorums search, Google search, or just a look at the "Get Marathon" page. After a few informal warnings, he racked up 7 official warnings, which equals a ban.

kineticturtle

Post Nov 24th '07, 03:29

In short, he died for all our sins.
You know what? Video games kick ASS!!!
EDX
On the shores of hell.

Post Nov 24th '07, 07:07

Wow, Is this the first person to rack up 7 official warnings? (Edit: Nevermind, it was xyfbzi who was first) I thought it was unusually quiet around these parts.

Is the art for a specific topic or might it be used in other Marathon Related Projects?
Last edited by Zott on Nov 24th '07, 07:09, edited 1 time in total.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

Post Nov 24th '07, 13:17

The fact that he never stopped, clearly never did any research, and then lied about it and said he had, made me consider it as flooding the boards, which won't be tolerated. So I warned him. And he didn't get the message, so he got warned again (and thus banned -- he already had several warnings).

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Nov 24th '07, 14:22

RyokoTK wrote:made me consider it as flooding the boards, which won't be tolerated.

I concur. Again, I still believe the list is endless.

Lugas

Post Nov 25th '07, 02:01

EDX wrote:In short, he died for all our sins.

He's the Pfhorums version of Jesus!
ALL HAIL PACKARD THE IDIOT

Packard20
Hopefully not where you are!

Post Nov 25th '07, 02:06

WE MUST CHALLENGE AUTHORITY IN THE NAME OF UMMM.... NAMELESS!!!!
"Who wants to stack a million chairs? Who wants to rape a million bears? Who wants to eat a million pears.

Poopnolan

Post Nov 25th '07, 02:41

Do you really want to challenge authority?

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Nov 25th '07, 02:48

I rebuttal your question with another..wouldn't you like to?
"Who wants to stack a million chairs? Who wants to rape a million bears? Who wants to eat a million pears.

Poopnolan

Post Nov 25th '07, 02:56

KARMA NOLAN wrote:I rebuttal your question with another..wouldn't you like to?

Most definitely not.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.

The Thug

Post Nov 25th '07, 03:08

KARMA NOLAN wrote:I rebuttal your question...

There is no such verb as "to rebuttal."
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Nov 25th '07, 03:14

I rebuttal your question with another..wouldn't you like to?

I am the authority, you idiot.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Nov 25th '07, 03:55

KARMA NOLAN wrote:I rebuttal your question with another..wouldn't you like to?

I wouldn't. Authority has the power to punish and reward. I would rather be rewarded than punished.
[viral]
Ha ha! Peg faces for everyone!
Nobody hipped me to that, dude.
I will blight your soul!

soulblighter

Post Nov 25th '07, 04:03

Its not like the "pfhorums administration" above the red spectrum pack gave that away at all.... Also if one does not so much as question authority wouldn't we just end up building a dictator such as Adolf? Of course a Germanic Dictator and a forum administrator are in two different leagues but the same principle applies.If we are to stand idly while those with some form of power abuse their power wouldn't we just be encouraging degeneration? why not pack our bags and find a nice cave to live in or frolic in the nude without a care??
Attachments
Neanderthal_2D_src.jpg
Neanderthal_2D_src.jpg (438.71 KiB) Viewed 3848 times

Poopnolan

Post Nov 25th '07, 04:12

appleswitch has supreme power, not ryoko
he created the site
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]

megabyte
Asympotatoes, Mars

Post Nov 25th '07, 04:13

Also if one does not so much as question authority wouldn't we just end up building a dictator such as Adolf?
1) Godwin's Law
2) The Germans, for the most part, agreed with Hitler's policies, and those that he oppressed were never in any position to question him in the first place.

If we are to stand idly while those with some form of power abuse their power wouldn't we just be encouraging degeneration?

It's not an abuse of power. If anything, Nameless was abusing his topic creation privileges by making topics every damn half hour about the most inane crap.

why not pack our bags and find a nice cave to live in

Let me "rebuttal" that with another question: why don't you?
Last edited by RyokoTK on Nov 25th '07, 04:14, edited 1 time in total.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Nov 25th '07, 04:23

Megabyte wrote:appleswitch has supreme power, not ryoko
he created the site

Really the only difference between Admin and Root Admin is that Ryoko can't delete my account or change some server info.

Switch
NYC

Post Nov 25th '07, 04:24

KARMA NOLAN, you did a no-no. I'm going to assume you were joking about what you said. In the future, don't do this. Joking like that can start a few idiots on a whole "forrum uprising" which means that the Admin will have to waste time banning some morons. I speak from experience on that matter.

Think before you post next time.
You know what? Video games kick ASS!!!
EDX
On the shores of hell.

Post Nov 25th '07, 04:27

Agreeing out of fear of something you do not understand is one other thing in entirety.Scapegoating Jews because of there apparent success, and lack of responsibility for the blame distributed after a war is something completely different. Many feared Adolf due to the mysterious disappearance of political rivals,Jew's,Gypsies,Etc. I agree that the Germans had a general idea of the genocide happening in Europe, but i doubt they agreed with it. Also Ryo i wasn't targeting you, as i don't have enough experience on these boards to know of any bans you have put on others, im just putting the idea out there.

ugh the ad homonyms....

Poopnolan

Next

Return to The Pfhorums