Stupid Question, How to Play Levels

Pfhorums news can be found here. Have a question or suggestion for the Pfhorums? Ask it here.

Stupid Question, How to Play Levels

Post Jun 10th '13, 19:30

It's in the title, how do you play levels outside of Multiplayer or the main campaign? This comes up because I was going through the Forge tutorial using Weland and Visual Mode, and I couldn't figure out how to open my map in the game, which is necesarry for VM. That's what brought it up, though It'll probably come in handy for other things as well. So yeah, I'd guess that I'm the only one here who doesn't know to do this, so it shouldn't be too hard to get help.
Spoiler:
Sig of the Week:
Most of my suggestions for how to improve a game boil down to "It should be more like Halo."

craZboy557

Post Jun 10th '13, 20:47

Preferences -> Environment -> Map

Hopper

Post Jun 10th '13, 21:27

Thanks.
Spoiler:
Sig of the Week:
Most of my suggestions for how to improve a game boil down to "It should be more like Halo."

craZboy557

Post Jun 10th '13, 21:39

craZboy557 wrote:...I was going through the Forge tutorial using Weland and Visual Mode...

I know this is sort of off-topic, but you made a good choice in using that combination. Weland has all the good qualities of Forge, with a few of the old limitations removed or cleaned up. The one thing it's missing that would've been nice is Visual Mode, but that's taken care of by Visual Mode.lua, which, once you know how to use it, is very instinctive and works even better than Forge's VM. Plus, it's easy to use different Shapes files or hi-res textures, which is always lovely. The one problem with VM.lua is the constant teleporting of monsters, which forces you to either wait until all the texturing is done before placing enemies, or just mute the game, which sucks unless you don't mind silently wandering through levels (me personally, I prefer a little background noise to keep me sane).

PerseusSpartacus
Somewhere in the 19th Century...

Post Jun 10th '13, 23:01

There's a thread on mapping with modern tech, I just got them off that. Good to get a second opinion, glad I made the right choice.
Spoiler:
Sig of the Week:

craZboy557

Post Jun 11th '13, 00:08

PerseusSpartacus wrote: The one problem with VM.lua is the constant teleporting of monsters

Goran's got you covered.

If you still want to see the monster placements, you just wish they'd shut up, then I've got you covered too.

Hopper

Post Jun 11th '13, 02:00

If you're seeing (or hearing) monsters teleporting, either you have an old version of Visual Mode.lua, or I never uploaded the latest version.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jun 11th '13, 05:38

I'm seeing and hearing monsters teleporting, but I'm not using any version of VISUAL MODE. Help.

Wrkncacnter

Return to The Pfhorums