Attached File Size Limit

Pfhorums news can be found here. Have a question or suggestion for the Pfhorums? Ask it here.

Attached File Size Limit

Post Jan 6th '15, 18:12

Just now, I was trying to send a message with an attached file. When I went to upload the file (which is a .zip with a size of 8 MB), I received a warning saying that only files that are 2 MB or less can be accepted. This is a bit odd, considering that a lot of files (particularly compressed folders) can be significantly larger than 2 MB. I was wondering why the limit was so small, and if perhaps it might be raised a bit.

Thanks in advance.

PerseusSpartacus
Somewhere in the 19th Century...

Post Jan 6th '15, 21:41

Well, I'm afraid I can't help. However, I do believe sending 8 MB via e-mail is no problem at all. As long as you're willing to exchange those.
XXXXTYCHOXXXX

$lave wrote:Damnit bridgit, you are forgetting how fucking serious business the internet is.

Tycho X
Aenna Prime

Post Jan 6th '15, 22:07

Unfortunately, I don't know the emails of any of the people I'm trying to contact (namely, the people who signed on way back to beta-test Grendel) - so, it would be really nice if I could use Messaging to send files larger than 2 MB.

PerseusSpartacus
Somewhere in the 19th Century...

Post Jan 7th '15, 01:01

the makers of cliquebin should setup lochbox for shortterm intra-community file inflicting
patrick
末法

Post Jan 7th '15, 08:58

Just use a free file hosting service like mediafire/dropbox/Cloud.app etc...

I remember signing up for the beta-test so if you want to email me the files directly I can give you my address via PM.

thedoctor45

Post Jan 7th '15, 11:22

thedoctor45 wrote:Just use a free file hosting service like mediafire/dropbox/Cloud.app etc...

I remember signing up for the beta-test so if you want to email me the files directly I can give you my address via PM.

I use cloud app. I really like it and recommend it.

There's also google drive. If you have a gmail address, you have that.

ukimalefu

Return to The Pfhorums