Joining the Pfhorums with marathon.bungie.org

Pfhorums news can be found here. Have a question or suggestion for the Pfhorums? Ask it here.
Marathoner325
Cyborg

As some of you know alot of people from the story forums thought of cleaning up marathon.bungie.org a bit (deleting all the links to dead sites, put links to new sites, update news etc etc). Here's the topic: http://forums.bungie.org/story/?noframes;read=56581
I think that it's a good idea. Let's face it, Marathon's dying.
Attachments
Picture_3.png
Picture_3.png (132.16 KiB) Viewed 5239 times
Last edited by Marathoner325 on Aug 31st '08, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

i don't see how putting it on one server will do any good.
Me and couple of others have been wondering about the possibilities how to centralize m.b.o and revive it but i think actually moving the pfhorums was never in the question to begin with. ( Unless i'm missing something ) I even had a chat with Appleswitch and he never brought actual server-side merging up.

did i misunderstand something or?
Last edited by JohannesG on Aug 22nd '08, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.
interion
Cyborg

Marathoner325 wrote:As some of you know alot of people from the story forums thought of cleaning up marathon.bungie.org a bit (deleting all the links to dead sites, put links to new sites, update news etc etc). Here's the topic: http://forums.bungie.org/story/?noframes;read=56581
And we thought that it would be good to run the Pfhorums and simplici7y under the marathon.bungie.org server. I think that it's a good idea. Let's face, Marathon's dying. Slowly. We have to save it before it's to late. It's time to forget our past history with each other and become one.
"All Good Things..."
Image Image
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

http://forums.bungie.org/story/?read=56656

I talked to Switch last night, he is very interested and has some neat ideas, but he's concerned about having enough time to follow through properly. He was also very tired and (in his words) "insane" and wanted me to mention that.

Also, he likes Johannes.

That is all for now.
Last edited by Pfhorrest on Aug 22nd '08, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
Director of the Xeventh Project, the team behind Eternal
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
CryoS
Vidmaster

Marathoner325 wrote:Let's face, Marathon's dying. Slowly. We have to save it before it's to late.
regarding that, i have gotten my hands on 20 laptops from a company here in sweden, these are to be delivered to a school and i have been approved to add marathon to these computers before they get shipped to this school. (unbelivable isnt it?)

just saying...
Last edited by CryoS on Aug 22nd '08, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
irons
Vidmaster

Marathon isn't dying, and even if it were, who cares? How would this help? I'm going to be frank right now and say that I've rarely had any impression that you knew what you were talking about, ever since you signed up on Pfhorums, and this message (which puts words into Forrest's and JG's mouths) has not helped that impression.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
L'howon
Vidmaster

I believe the statement "Marathon is dying" is a bit of a misnomer. I believe it should really be "Marathon is lost".

While there is an influx of old and new people eager to experience Marathon, its a rather slow trickle. By being "Lost" I mean that its lost to a generation of people. Not many individuals of my age group (High-school) know, or even care about Marathon. Storyline is a lost art in the crapfest that is slapping logo's and big names on titles simply to convince the idiot masses that this is the "Next "Halo" of *Insert genre*". So, no. Marathon is not, and probably won't ever really be dead. There are enough people that have invested too much time in it to simply let Marathon evaporate like an early morning mist. But the issue is instead, how do we take Marathon to that "Next level"? Unifying all Marathon's vast resources under 1 flag, so to speak, is a good step in that direction. No point in having 1000 different pages go 1000 different directions. Unify all pages (Perhaps even Hamish Sinclairs!) = Yes.

-Note- Wow CryoS, thats awesome! How did you manage to pull that off (What with cheesy violence and no discernable educational value?)
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
CryoS
Vidmaster

uncle got a high rank in the company that owns the computers, and my dad is a teacher at the school reciving them ;D
Last edited by CryoS on Aug 31st '08, 22:14, edited 1 time in total.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?