Current state of the Marathon community in your opinion

Pfhorums news can be found here. Have a question or suggestion for the Pfhorums? Ask it here.

Post Jun 5th '09, 02:27

who said wannabe, look at thisthis. The answer is clear.
acks45
20 Minowere Dr. Fromidlov, Canada.

Post Jun 5th '09, 11:54



The more you try to like the clique with the definite order of freemasonry,
as in this case of imitating their logo, the more wannabe it will appear.
User avatar

goran

Post Jun 5th '09, 12:42

goran wrote:The more you try to like the clique with the definite order of freemasonry,
as in this case of imitating their logo, the more wannabe it will appear.


Well said, Somcing.
Last edited by L'howon on Jun 5th '09, 12:42, edited 1 time in total.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
User avatar

L'howon
Somewhere outside the Citadel Of Antiquity

Post Jul 17th '09, 22:59

Freemasonry? :X
GOT MUSIC? I compose. CLICK HERE! Download my music free or request something tailored to your specifications by PMing me.
SynthNinja

Post Jul 18th '09, 09:26

Some people think the Marathon Community is circling the drain.
If that is true, you know what can stop it?

A kickass Marathon Map editor for Windows.
The drain will be plugged and you'd see more scenarios come out.
MoppyPuppy
Lake Nebagamon, WI

Post Jul 18th '09, 17:24

MoppyPuppy wrote:Some people think the Marathon Community is circling the drain.
If that is true, you know what can stop it?

A kickass Marathon Map editor for Windows.
The drain will be plugged and you'd see more scenarios come out.


Because that's what we need to do - open the field to more immature people that post crap like this.

I'll keep the drain.
Last edited by L'howon on Jul 18th '09, 19:32, edited 1 time in total.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
User avatar

L'howon
Somewhere outside the Citadel Of Antiquity

Post Jul 18th '09, 17:41

Lh wrote:Because that's what we need to do - open the field to more immature people that post crap like this.

I'll keep the drain.


Fixed your italics, btw.

I don't think Fish is a problem. Every issue I had with him is resolved.
Moppy, on the other hand...

Still, we do need an editor which keeps pace with A1.

It's kind of sad that even though A1 has opened things up for everyone in terms of playing the game, content creation is still severely stunted and limited.
I've mentioned what I want to see in a map editor before, but that shit doesn't just fall out of the sky.
Image
Kurinn

Post Jul 19th '09, 06:26

I think I answered that it's doing terrible out of sheer ignorance of the situation, I guess it's not doing so bad or so good though.
Count Roland
Anchorage, AK

Post Jul 19th '09, 14:48

Ignorance(Correctness)
Meta

Post Jul 24th '09, 14:45

Blank, bleak, desolated and dark.

It seemed to get even worse than when I left last time. I hope that it's just me.


Or maybe it's just me not seeing TGI:X released :P
User avatar

assassingao

Post Jul 24th '09, 15:03

assassingao wrote:Or maybe it's just me not seeing TGI:X released :P

No, it's that you haven't written any new fanfics lately.
User avatar

Wrkncacnter

Post Jul 24th '09, 15:10

W wrote:No, it's that you haven't written any new fanfics lately.


I'm still worried about lowering the grade of Marathon's story.
And I would like to keep my sanity intact. A lot has been going on lately.


Besides, you guys should be the one doing this. Or at least, make some mad scripts for us besides the juggernaut-riding system. I'd go back to marathon if there was more to be done.
User avatar

assassingao

Post Jul 24th '09, 15:24

assassingao wrote:Or at least, make some mad scripts for us besides the juggernaut-riding system.

Three words: A FRIGGIN' RAINBOW
User avatar

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jul 24th '09, 15:53

It's going downhill and it's depressing.

I just hope to see it standing after a few more years. You guys can always live (and in virtually all cases, better) without me.

See you until my memory reminds me to come here again...
User avatar

assassingao

Post Jul 24th '09, 23:09

assassingao wrote:Besides, you guys should be the one doing this. Or at least, make some mad scripts for us besides the juggernaut-riding system. I'd go back to marathon if there was more to be done.


Believe it or not, my project has gotten somewhere... just sit tight a few more months, and you folks will finally get to play it.
User avatar

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Post Jul 3rd '10, 19:31

Shadowbreaker wrote:Believe it or not, my project has gotten somewhere... just sit tight a few more months, and you folks will finally get to play it.

You have a project?
User avatar

Wrkncacnter

Post Jul 4th '10, 09:22

The Marathon community is in the same situation as America.
OMG the Economy is bad! This is how Rome and other empires fall!
America is gonna fall!
*SCREAM*

____


OMG the social enviro-whatever is bad! The community is so full of immature people! Also I'm being really EMO and dramatic!
The pfhorums current state is gonna fall!
*SCREAM*

In ten years I guarantee both in topic will still be around.
MoppyPuppy
Lake Nebagamon, WI

Post Jul 4th '10, 13:01

W wrote:You have a project?

Yeah, Winter 2.
User avatar

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Jul 4th '10, 13:05

RyokoTK wrote:Yeah, Winter 2.


Yeah, Marathon: Shadow.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
User avatar

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Jul 13th '10, 01:33

Its doing quite alright, considering its more than 10 years old and was reasonably obscure compared to most other games of its time (due to the platform it was released on)
Last edited by riserobotrise on Jul 14th '10, 05:50, edited 1 time in total.
riserobotrise

Post Jul 13th '10, 19:15

By quoting dugit, however, you create the false impression that your post has got something to do with his.
Eternal - Xmas I - Xmas II - Xmas III - Victory Dance IV - Winter I: The Venom - KTA III - Phoenix - somewhere in the heavens, waiting: The Syndicate
User avatar

Drictelt

Post Jul 13th '10, 21:32

By quoting dugit, however, you create the false impression that your post has got something to do with his.


Definitely, it's doing alright for a 10 year thing. However, the scope of the game suggests it should be a classic, and I don't know if the actual game itself is a classic. It may only be doing well because of the mod community.
F-OBED F-OBED F-OBED
Map badly if you must, but MAP.
Pfheil

Post Jul 14th '10, 00:29

Pfheil wrote:It may only be doing well because of the mod community.
Attachments
mods.jpg
mods.jpg (30.26 KiB) Viewed 6477 times
words
User avatar

ellio7t
long beach, ca no, now I live in L.A.

Post Jul 14th '10, 06:00

Pfheil wrote:Definitely, it's doing alright for a 10 year thing. However, the scope of the game suggests it should be a classic, and I don't know if the actual game itself is a classic. It may only be doing well because of the mod community.



They've been having this discussion for over 10 years. I remember back in 1998 when I was viewing posts on alt games marathon and marathon.org about the shrinking community, and how the game community will cease to be in a few years from then. I'm sure if you'd go back and show them how active and alive the game is today, and how many people play on the mariusnet server, most of them would be very surprised.
riserobotrise

Post Jul 15th '10, 07:37

riserobotrise wrote:They've been having this discussion for over 10 years. I remember back in 1998 when I was viewing posts on alt games marathon and marathon.org about the shrinking community, and how the game community will cease to be in a few years from then. I'm sure if you'd go back and show them how active and alive the game is today, and how many people play on the mariusnet server, most of them would be very surprised.


You know they have a name for the shrinking community.

Its called ManBearPig.
The mod community does keep this place alive, but what other community would there be? The Original Community?
I'm sure if those two communities were to combine, together, we could stop ManBearPig.
MoppyPuppy
Lake Nebagamon, WI

PreviousNext

Return to The Pfhorums



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron