Marathon mods, remakes, etc.

Pfhorums news can be found here. Have a question or suggestion for the Pfhorums? Ask it here.

Post Apr 4th '09, 20:15

I created this thread because I am detecting two schools of thought when it comes to creating new mods, and I just wanted to get some feedback from people of all levels of experience with the game.

What is your opinion relating to the nature of mods and remakes of Marathon? Do you favor the making of an evolved version of the game (i.e. one that, for example, takes place far into the future, with newer weapons, HUD displays, upgraded enemies, etc.) or keeping the game closer to the Trilogy? What about using a more modern game engine and the incorporation of bridges and balconies (yes, I know it's only hypothetical at this point)?
GOT MUSIC? I compose. CLICK HERE! Download my music free or request something tailored to your specifications by PMing me.
SynthNinja

Post Apr 4th '09, 20:32

then make it a poll....

I'm all about a verbatim remake( maybe with minor adjustments)
acks45
20 Minowere Dr. Fromidlov, Canada.

Post Apr 4th '09, 20:46

ack45 wrote:then make it a poll....

I'm all about a verbatim remake( maybe with minor adjustments)

How do I do that?
GOT MUSIC? I compose. CLICK HERE! Download my music free or request something tailored to your specifications by PMing me.
SynthNinja

Post Apr 4th '09, 21:12

go into full-edit and click on poll options.< edit> nope not there.... remake the thread and link to it from here.</edit>
Last edited by acks45 on Apr 4th '09, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.
acks45

Post Apr 4th '09, 22:37

I really don't have a preference when it comes to making mods. The Marathon Trilogy is just so awesome that it's hard not to expand on it, but being creative and making something new is cool too.
Last edited by The Thug on Apr 4th '09, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.

The Thug

Post Apr 4th '09, 22:45

well said.
acks45

Post Apr 5th '09, 03:38

[topic="4511"]hello[/topic]
SynthNinja

Post Apr 5th '09, 05:20

I belong to the other side. A verbatime remake is not so interresting.
We already have M1 for A1.

I want MOAR new levels, updated weapons and baddies, new interface,
new tactics. And everything that goes with that.
Last edited by goran on Apr 5th '09, 05:22, edited 1 time in total.

goran

Post Apr 5th '09, 06:43

I think if you just managed to remake the multiplayer in source that would be an amazing step. do what you want after that. I dont have the time to get involved so you shouldnt pay too much attentioon to me.
acks45

Post Apr 5th '09, 06:43

I just want 3d models of all of the things in the shapes file... thatd go nicely with the pimptacular modern renderer Treellama has purposed.

Shadowbreaker
Melbourne, Victoria

Return to The Pfhorums