HELP: Saved Game 2 seconds before dying (Evil : Septic Exodus)

Pfhorums news can be found here. Have a question or suggestion for the Pfhorums? Ask it here.
Pfhil
Spazeroid

Hello

I'm new to this game. Only been playing for around three weeks.

Need some help with Evil. I'm on Septic Exodus. I enter a room and insert a chip. I saved myself just as the roof started to lower. I cannot leave the room and I have around 2 seconds before I die. I have tried everything. Can I unsave my save - to rejoin the game from the previous save or from the start of that level? If so, how...?

I tried to post a message on the forum, sorry Pfhorum, but being a new member I think I'm blocked from doing so until membership has been approved. I'm not a technical type of person, but is it possible to open up one of the files and either delete or change a setting? Hope you can help. Need sleep. Been playing the game series for weeks on a mac and to end in defead, well - it's not an option, is it?

Best Wishes

Pfhil from the UK...
treellama
Vidmaster

You can start from the previous save, if you saved it with a different name. If you didn't, you'll at least learn to use different names for saved games next time :D

You can jump to any level in the game from the beginning by holding down command and option while clicking "New Game" but you will start with only a pistol!
Last edited by treellama on Apr 16th '09, 01:21, edited 1 time in total.
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

I don't know that particular scenario well, but this might help:
http://marathon.bungie.org/spoiler/evil/14.shtml

Pattern buffers in a guaranteed deathtrap area is a major design flaw. I would suspect there's still some way out. Either that, or Evil truly is, well, evil!

[edit]Wolfy beat me to it.
Last edited by Crater Creator on Apr 16th '09, 01:29, edited 1 time in total.
Major Pedro
Cyborg

Treellama wrote:You can start from the previous save, if you saved it with a different name. If you didn't, you'll at least learn to use different names for saved games next time :D

You can jump to any level in the game from the beginning by holding down command and option while clicking "New Game" but you will start with only a pistol!
Then just download and use the cheats script to get back whatever weapons you had. But seriously, never save over old files.
SynthNinja
Cyborg

I don't know exactly what "2 seconds" entails but usually there's bound to be a glitch you can take advantage of and get to a safe spot. You just have to respawn a thousand times, which is still better than doing the entire game over. You're a level away from the end.
GOT MUSIC? I compose. CLICK HERE! Download my music free or request something tailored to your specifications by PMing me.
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

Evil can be extraordinarily fun, but on TC you realize the entire thing is designed to make you backtrack MILES upon MILES to either open another part of the map, restore health, save, restore oxygen.
And that freakin' sucks.

But at least its not like TGI where it requires you into a lava level where survival is only possible if you have little or no health left at the end, where in which you then get put into a vacuum level and immediately thrown into combat inside a breaching pod that might as well be a barrel (you being the fish) that you cant survive without taking a hit, and you can only take one more.

Screw TGI.
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

>snort<

My brother can beat Power of One without saving, and he's even shown me. I personnally think Evil is way harder than TGI... mostly because TGI you've got unlimited ammo and just need to fight one battle after another properly, and then you're ok. Evil requires a fair bit of strategy.