Cesspi7

Pfhorums news can be found here. Have a question or suggestion for the Pfhorums? Ask it here.

Post Sep 17th '10, 16:51

RyokoTK wrote:Is Funkytown still a good song?

Yes, if you're high.
words

ellio7t
long beach, ca no, now I live in L.A.

Post Sep 17th '10, 17:15

OK Because there is no "Lose You Password?" option

i had to make a new account

so,maybe its a little outdated

2nd time this Happend

I'm Like Sharkie Lino, Frustrated.

(Goes to make 3rd SImplici7y account)
Last edited by TBCR on Sep 17th '10, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.
Marathon Speedrun Times: Discord
M1A1 - 26:57 - PB
M2 - 33:52 - PB
M2 - XBLA - 33:00 - WR
M2 - Coop with ApertureGrillz - 27:17 IGT/29:09 RTA - WR
MInf - 15:42 - PB
Minf all main levels - 27:49 - PB

TBCR
Raleigh,NC

Post Sep 17th '10, 17:52

When I go to the Reviews page, why do I suddenly see the Ruby on Rails Guide for Website Security? :(
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Sep 17th '10, 17:55

Dugit wrote:When I go to the Reviews page, why do I suddenly see the Ruby on Rails Guide for Website Security? :(

You're about 17 posts behind!

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Sep 17th '10, 17:57

Treellama wrote:You're about 17 posts behind!

I must be getting better at this lark.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Sep 17th '10, 18:02

catch up 2 my posts pls dugit
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Sep 17th '10, 18:03

RyokoTK wrote:I don't understand some people. I make one offhand comment about how something is bad, and people take it immediately as the highest possible degree of elitism. In this case, it's not even deserved; you misunderstood me. The uploads themselves (five thousand individual map uploads) were bad. I haven't downloaded the M1 maps because, frankly, I don't care about them.

We like to joke about a clique in charge of the marathon community that judges everyones contributions, but like anything there's a bit of truth to it. Your comments, even the offhand ones, have a lot more impact than anything the rest of us write. I think that's why people get so defensive sometimes. It seems like M1 Map Dude spent a lot of time compiling some of those classic maps. Most of us are probably not going to use them, but I'm still glad someone was doing it. At first he uploaded a bunch of individual files which was a little annoying, but people let him know and for at least a month now he's been releasing large merged packs with documentation and screenshots. However, he's still getting shit about that early mistake and being lumped in with the people who just upload physics and other crap.
Image Image

interion

Post Sep 17th '10, 18:20

Tim wrote:It seems like M1 Map Dude spent a lot of time compiling some of those classic maps.

I hope he's using Bovine. If he's bringing them into Forge and retexturing them, ouch.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Sep 17th '10, 18:53

irons wrote:catch up 2 my posts pls dugit

I pronounce hate rhyming with gate, bait or fate.

Why do you need to know this?

Dugit
Hampshire, UK

Post Sep 17th '10, 20:05

Tim wrote:However, he's still getting shit about that early mistake and being lumped in with the people who just upload physics and other crap.

He is? I thought we stopped talking about him a long time ago (not going to bother to re-read the thread to verify). Maybe it's just that I never cared about his submissions in the first place.

Wrkncacnter

Post Sep 24th '10, 08:21

There will always be naysayers. But what's more important is that there will always be marathon fans who will appreciate it when you give back to the community. Just the fact that a small handful of people still care enough about this game to try and somehow enrich it is enough to make me want to stay.

Ares Ex Machina

Previous

Return to The Pfhorums