Pf'hak - Frequently Asked Questions - 8 Years Too Late

Pfhorums news can be found here. Have a question or suggestion for the Pfhorums? Ask it here.
irons
Vidmaster

Yeah, in an ideal world, I'd be right with you.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

Got a PM, updated information about jumping.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
andrimar
Spazeroid

can some body help me i cant play the game. the game starts and plays a cutscene. i press new game ore something like that and there is another cutscene and then the game quits itslef. im on a mac and im talking about the marathon pack thingey. and i just copey alephone.app in the m1a1 file

does anyone know whats wrong
envy
Mjolnir Mark IV

I had this problem, try dragging the entire folder onto the aleph one icon, after you copy the application to your desktop. If that doesn't work, download the older release that does not require the Graphics Shader 3 stuff. .22, is the abbreviated version number.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.
moonible
Cyborg

I have a question
are there any packs that replace the textures of the enemies?
President People
Mjolnir Mark IV

moonible wrote:are there any packs that replace the textures of the enemies?
As in with a shapes patch? I don't think I've come across any, but I'm sure it can be done. It wouldn't be a good idea to replace the bitmaps so much as add new bitmaps to the collection and change the sequences.

If someone were to make a plugin for a high-res Pfhor Fighter, it would replace whatever numbered bitmaps it was meant to replace, regardless of what you put there. If you add new bitmaps to the collection, the plugin will still replace the original bitmaps, but not the added ones.
Last edited by President People on Oct 16th '10, 18:46, edited 1 time in total.
Love Marathon, and also play Doom on modern source ports? You might like these skins!
Dugit
Vidmaster

I think I remember that Portal of Sigma redid the fighter bitmaps with a new staff and better armor textures, or I might be wrong.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

So...yeah...haven't really been active at all on the forums for a while. Going to at least try to update this thread to current info before handing it off to someone who can keep it regularly updated more than me.

Just glancing over it I see dead links, outdated information about the enhanced textures, I should add Fobo's project to the list of conversions to try out, needs less sarcasm (maybe more).
FlawedIntellect
Born on Board

Sarcasm in an FAQ is going to be offputting and possibly misleading to newcomers, so I'd advise youu to steer clear of having sarcasm in an FAQ for practicality's sake.
Blastfrog
Cyborg

One major outdated thing is the statement that M1 data is incompatible. Given the (somewhat) recently added support to M1 stuff, this is no longer the case. It should probably be reworked to recommend using 2/I as a basis for newer works than to say that it's flat out incompatible. Make clear to new users that M1 native data will work but is not necessarily supported outside of M1's original data itself and that any new mods or total conversions should be done with 2/I format data instead.
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

Updated the high resolution texture links to actually go to Simplici7y and link to updated plugins.