Pf'hak - Frequently Asked Questions - 8 Years Too Late

Pfhorums news can be found here. Have a question or suggestion for the Pfhorums? Ask it here.
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

well, i used to host so none of those make sense.
EDIT: should join by address be on or off?
EDIT: i just get the black screen, but ambient sounds, and then it shows "___ has dc'd" for everybody.
Last edited by Phortiphy on Aug 14th '07, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.
Can't speel for hist.
Lugas
Vidmaster

Q: Where can I find Pfhorge?
A: Right here. Also, note that Pfhorge is Mac OS X -only. No Windows, OS 9 or Linux version exists and probably will not exist.
Last edited by Lugas on Aug 20th '07, 22:08, edited 1 time in total.
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

Updated FAQ again...
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

Phortiphy wrote:does rugby not work?
i find "ryans light blue ball" but no goal.
I tried it on the original king of pain, and the original route 66. nothing.
Also, i have another question:
Why do some map icons look like this:[attachment=905:Picture_5.png] while others look like this:[attachment=904:Picture_4.png], and why can't i open the latter in forge?
Attachments
Picture_5.png
Picture_5.png (4.53 KiB) Viewed 14366 times
Picture_4.png
Picture_4.png (4.73 KiB) Viewed 14366 times
Can't speel for hist.
treellama
Vidmaster

You have to use a rugby map for rugby. Go figure.
Attachments
bankgthd.ttf.zip
(22.31 KiB) Downloaded 955 times
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

Treellama wrote:You have to use a rugby map for rugby. Go figure.
yes, i just realized that since rugby wasn't an original marathon setting, there would be no filter for it (ie: you could choose any map you wanted, even if it wasn't a rugby map). whoops.

will you answer my other question, plz? ty
Can't speel for hist.
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

Because it isn't a Forge filetype.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
megabyte
Vidmaster

use the a1 filetype repair tools
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]
Switch
Vidmaster

Megabyte wrote:use the a1 filetype repair tools
Added link (mac only)
$lave

I just add .sceA on the end of map files that look like that and that works for me...
megabyte
Vidmaster

appleswitch wrote:Added link (mac only)
on that ftp server i saw this and wondered "is this fileball?"
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

Grayswandir wrote:Either:
1. You have all the enhancements installed and your computer takes a while to load them
heh, just saw this. is this possible?
Can't speel for hist.
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

Yes, Marathon takes longer to load maps if you have the enhancements installed.
Attachments
Scenario_Files.zip
(4.56 MiB) Downloaded 365 times
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

i know, but why does that affect the other ppl? i can load them fine by myself, and presumably they other ppl get the map w/o the enhancements, that's what i thought. also, it's not the "loading" screen, it's the black screeen but with sounds (you know what i'm talking about) that tells me that all the pplz have gotten the map, cuz if they hadn't, i would still be on the "w8ing for others to load" screen.
Attachments
Scenario_Files.zip
(4.56 MiB) Downloaded 384 times
Can't speel for hist.
Volcanon
Mjolnir Mark IV

If you have original Infinity on your HD OSX might give the infinity map icon to all infinity maps.
treellama
Vidmaster

Phortiphy wrote:i know, but why does that affect the other ppl? i can load them fine by myself, and presumably they other ppl get the map w/o the enhancements, that's what i thought. also, it's not the "loading" screen, it's the black screeen but with sounds (you know what i'm talking about) that tells me that all the pplz have gotten the map, cuz if they hadn't, i would still be on the "w8ing for others to load" screen.
::facepalm::
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

Phortiphy wrote:i know, but why does that affect the other ppl? i can load them fine by myself, and presumably they other ppl get the map w/o the enhancements, that's what i thought. also, it's not the "loading" screen, it's the black screeen but with sounds (you know what i'm talking about) that tells me that all the pplz have gotten the map, cuz if they hadn't, i would still be on the "w8ing for others to load" screen.
The loading screen you see is just for you...that screen doesn't show how much time is left for other people...just you. The "waiting for others to load" screen is the black screen you see...
Attachments
Scenario_Files.zip
(4.56 MiB) Downloaded 372 times
The Pf'hak - Read it.
assassingao
Vidmaster

Out of topic: I swear to god that my first impressions of this topic was "Fuck - the frequently asked questions"

In the topic: Why can't I jump, lol?
Volcanon
Mjolnir Mark IV

Infinity was make before jumping existed. Don't you ever wonder why your parents didn't know what a trampoline is?
assassingao
Vidmaster

Infinity was make before jumping existed. Don't you ever wonder why your parents didn't know what a trampoline is?
Nope, because I feigned stupid.

Anyway, that's what I would say if I was a Halo Noob and stumbled across Marathon yesterday, but fortunately, I'm not one of them.
Dodopod
Cyborg

The files at http://binarygrind.com/files/bii_marathon.zip no longer exist. Could someone upload the zip file?
Counter Attack on the Meta
CryoS
Vidmaster

Volcanon wrote:Infinity was make before jumping existed. Don't you ever wonder why your parents didn't know what a trampoline is?
was doom released before marathon? (not so shure but it probably did) cos in doom u can jump.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
Volcanon
Mjolnir Mark IV

Man I was just playing some Doom on Doom Legacy (its kinda boring after the first two scenarios), and yes you can jump. Unfortunately the gravity is such (on Mars no less) and your jump is so low that there's basically nothing to be gained from jumping.

Just assume Mjoldnirs are too cool to jump, which they are.
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

assassingao wrote:Out of topic: I swear to god that my first impressions of this topic was "Fuck - the frequently asked questions"
Sometimes it feels like that...really, do people read this thing?
The Pf'hak - Read it.
The Thug
Vidmaster

Grayswandir wrote:Sometimes it feels like that...really, do people read this thing?
No, atleast I didn't and don't. I read 2 or 3 things when I joined, but that was it.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.