Pf'hak - Frequently Asked Questions - 8 Years Too Late

Pfhorums news can be found here. Have a question or suggestion for the Pfhorums? Ask it here.

Post Nov 15th '07, 04:14

EDX wrote:Never mind, found the answer myself... But I think it might be nice to post the irc information for #alephone

Grab an IRC client, connect to Freenode (irc.freenode.net), /join #alephone, try not to get kicked.
dude, seriously. dude.

thermoplyae

Post Nov 16th '07, 02:26

thermoplyae wrote:try not to get kicked.

It's harder than you think.
Can't speel for hist.
Phortiphy

Post Nov 16th '07, 02:30

It's harder than you think.

Yeah, it's pretty unreasonable of us to ask people to not be stupid assholes, I know.

RyokoTK
Saint Paul, MN

Post Nov 21st '07, 16:30

Treellama wrote:You may find you want one in the future ;)

:O I can't wait!

Magnum

Post Nov 21st '07, 18:02

Magnum wrote::O I can't wait!

Why wait? The latest (11/3) version of Aleph One supports accounts now! Go get it!

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Feb 6th '08, 21:14

I DONT WANT TO BOTHER ANY ONE OR ANYTHING, THE ONLY THING I GOT THIS PFHORUM IS FOR GETTING HELP IN THE GAME MARATHON INFINITY, AND WONDERED IF ANY ONE IS INTERESTED IN GIVING ME ADVICE IN A LEVEL THAT I AM STUCK IN, I DONT KNOW THE NAME OF THE LEVEL BUT CAN TELL YOU SOME TIPS OF WHICH ONE IT IS, IM STUCK IN ONE THAT ASKS YOU TO FLOOD GATES WITH WATER OR A DAM, AND THEN YOU HAVE TO CRUSH SOME GARRISONS OR MACHINES, BUT I JUST CANT SEEM TO GET IT THROUGH, OR I AM LOST IN THE LEVEL AND AM TIRED JUST WANT TO MOVE ON TO A OTHER LEVEL BECAUSE I LIKE THIS GAME VERY MUCH, ANY WAY IF ANY ONE IS INTERESTED IN GIVING ME CLUES PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME..

THANKS..
ninjutsu_ivan

Post Feb 7th '08, 00:52

ivan wrote:I DONT WANT TO BOTHER ANY ONE OR ANYTHING, THE ONLY THING I GOT THIS PFHORUM IS FOR GETTING HELP IN THE GAME MARATHON INFINITY, AND WONDERED IF ANY ONE IS INTERESTED IN GIVING ME ADVICE IN A LEVEL THAT I AM STUCK IN, I DONT KNOW THE NAME OF THE LEVEL BUT CAN TELL YOU SOME TIPS OF WHICH ONE IT IS, IM STUCK IN ONE THAT ASKS YOU TO FLOOD GATES WITH WATER OR A DAM, AND THEN YOU HAVE TO CRUSH SOME GARRISONS OR MACHINES, BUT I JUST CANT SEEM TO GET IT THROUGH, OR I AM LOST IN THE LEVEL AND AM TIRED JUST WANT TO MOVE ON TO A OTHER LEVEL BECAUSE I LIKE THIS GAME VERY MUCH, ANY WAY IF ANY ONE IS INTERESTED IN GIVING ME CLUES PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME..

THANKS..

NOTE: You may get help faster if YOU DON'T TALK IN ALL CAPS RETARD!!!!!!!
ALL HAIL PACKARD THE IDIOT

Packard20
Hopefully not where you are!

Post Feb 7th '08, 01:10

Hey, be nice.
Besides, your post has more capital letters than his does.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.

The Thug

Post Feb 7th '08, 02:40

NOTE: You may get help faster if YOU DON'T TALK IN ALL CAPS RETARD!!!!!!!

Now now, no need to name call. There is probably a logical rational reason it was in all Caps. Since it was in an FAQs thread, I don't see the reason why it would be capitalized intentionally. It doesn't look like a bot, since it knows about Marathon infinity and the Pfhorums. The English is a little cut, and diction is quite interesting. Lets assume there is either a cultural/language barrier or maybe it was translated. Or perhaps the Caps key was broken on the keyboard. His first post was in all lower case, so you never know. Besides, I'm sure it won't happen again.
Last edited by Zott on Feb 7th '08, 02:42, edited 1 time in total.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

Post Feb 8th '08, 20:01

Zott wrote:Or perhaps the Caps key was broken on the keyboard.

That's what I was thinking.
Can't speel for hist.
Phortiphy

Post Feb 19th '08, 16:56

i have a few questions. ( i hope this is the right place)

Q1# how do i get my crosshairs on ON a mac book? (when i press f8 it only turns my music on)

Q2# where can i find a good guide for using pfhorge?

Q3# how do i get doors to work in pfhorge?

Q4# where is a good website for physics?
Marathon D.R.E.A.M. copyright � 2008-2011- Is a future and ongoing SECRET project by Yours truly and Jjarandal productions � 2011- :
most patents pending and accepted. any and all material conceived by ME is property of me and gives no one a right to lay claim to my imagined stuff

***INCOMING MESSAGE***
Check out my blog, I've developed a little game pfhor you to play...

>> http://thedurpartment.blogspot.com/ <<

***END MESSAGE***
???Durandal???

Post Feb 19th '08, 19:19

∞Durandal∞ wrote:i have a few questions. ( i hope this is the right place)

Q1# how do i get my crosshairs on ON a mac book? (when i press f8 it only turns my music on)

Mac laptops have the function keys mixed with the Mac control keys (volume, brightness, whatever). The controls have greater priority over the underlying function keys, so in order to override that, you have to press the "fn" key that's on the bottom row of the keyboard, and while pressing it, press F8 (or whatever Aleph One feature uses a given function key).

Q2# where can i find a good guide for using pfhorge?
There isn't really much of a guide. I remember that a manual existed at some point, but Pfhorge itself appears to be abandoned. As much of a hassle as this it will be, if you really want to edit maps, you'll need to set up an emulator and use Forge.

Q3# how do i get doors to work in pfhorge?

Doors are actually platforms, so you'll need to mark the polygon as a platform and mess around with that platform's properties (check the Forge manual, inside the Infinity manual, located here; there are also some useful tutorial videos on that site).

Q4# where is a good website for physics?

There are two meanings to this question. The first is "a good web site to find physics models," which doesn't really exist. Most people who make independent physics models don't have much talent yet, so they do the simplest thing possible (physics) as opposed to the harder stuff (maps, editing shapes and sounds, etc.). So the result is usually a pack of novelty effects that you could come up with on your own. Now, if you're looking for well-done physics models, try unmerging a scenario like TGI or similar, which has physics merged in. Or, if you are just looking for a quick, but thoughtful model, take a look at LegacyTyphoon's Total Carnage++.

The second possible meaning is "a good web site that gives an in-depth look at physics." Well, the good news is that such a thing does exist: Mark Levin's Physics Model Reference.

Grayswandir, if these questions aren't on the FAQ, go ahead an add 'em.
Last edited by irons on Feb 19th '08, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Feb 19th '08, 19:19

If you hold down function (fn) on the keyboard then press f8, they should turn on. You can get around this problem by turning off Quick Keys in the System Preferences under Keyboard...however, you'll have to hold down function (fn) on the keyboard from then on and then press the volume buttons and the like to change those settings.

EDIT: Guess I posted too late.
Last edited by LegacyTyphoon on Feb 20th '08, 01:21, edited 1 time in total.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.

LegacyTyphoon

Post May 6th '08, 01:47

Updated the FAQ again.
The Pf'hak - Read it.

LegacyTyphoon

Post May 6th '08, 18:08

irons wrote:(check the Forge manual, inside the Infinity manual, located here; there are also some useful tutorial videos on that site).

I found these tutorials helpful for getting started on map making/editing with forge. [MUp] Plus, they have musical intros!

pirateer

Post May 7th '08, 02:32

That's exactly what they're for! I'm glad Bungie cared enough to make them.
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps

irons
(.Y.)

Post Jun 12th '08, 04:09

How do I add custom maps so I can play them in Infinity? I have a .hqx file here- where should it go?
Joel

Post Jun 12th '08, 05:12

You need a program like Stuffit Expander -> http://my.smithmicro.com/win/stuffit.html to open the .hqx file, in which case you'll find a map file inside. Once you get the map file, throw it in your aleph One folder, then select it under preferences -> environment -> map
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

Post Jun 12th '08, 13:04

Zott wrote:You need a program like Stuffit Expander -> http://my.smithmicro.com/win/stuffit.html to open the .hqx file, in which case you'll find a map file inside. Once you get the map file, throw it in your aleph One folder, then select it under preferences -> environment -> map

Thankee! StuffIt helps a lot! One thing though- inside the .hqx file, there was another archive with a different extension. Inside that archive was the map, but for some reason the extensions had been removed. It didn't take me long to add them. .sceA for the map and .txt for the readme.
Joel

Post Aug 16th '08, 08:56

FAQ Updated.
The Pf'hak - Read it.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Aug 21st '08, 03:49

assassingao wrote:In the topic: Why can't I jump, lol?

And the good Lord awnserd his prayer by saying,
"...Word to your moms I came to drop bombs
I got more rhymes than the bible's got psalms
And just like the Prodigal Son I've returned
Anyone stepping to me you'll get burned
Cause I got lyrics but you ain't got none
If you come to battle bring a shotgun!
But if you do you're a fool, cause I duel to the death
Try'in ta step to me you'll take your last breath
I got the skill, come get your fill
Cause when I shoot tha gift, I shoot to kill

I came to get down, I came to get down
So get out your seats and jump around
[url=http://www.simplici7y.com/items/jump-script:3frrirrr]Jump around, Jump around, Jump around[/url]
Jump up Jump up and get down
Jump(17x)"

Sphting Distance
Pelham, New Hampshire

Post Aug 21st '08, 13:55

how informative and amusing. have you considered exploring your latent talent for hard drugs?

screamingfool

Post Aug 21st '08, 16:50

screamingfool wrote:have you considered exploring your latent talent for hard drugs?

[post="56217"]SEEN IT[/post].

SF, you used to be super-original and all crazy and stuff. Where did you go? :C

irons
(.Y.)

Post Sep 29th '08, 14:00

A question.
what happened to treellama's "all shapes"? i cant find them on simplic7ty anymore and searched everywhere :C where can i get them?
Marathon D.R.E.A.M. copyright � 2008-2011- Is a future and ongoing SECRET project by Yours truly and Jjarandal productions � 2011- :
most patents pending and accepted. any and all material conceived by ME is property of me and gives no one a right to lay claim to my imagined stuff

***INCOMING MESSAGE***
Check out my blog, I've developed a little game pfhor you to play...

>> http://thedurpartment.blogspot.com/ <<

***END MESSAGE***
???Durandal???

PreviousNext

Return to The Pfhorums