Pf'hak - Frequently Asked Questions - 8 Years Too Late

Pfhorums news can be found here. Have a question or suggestion for the Pfhorums? Ask it here.

Post Jun 26th '07, 05:57

so my question was deleted but it wasn't answered?
Volcanon

Post Jun 26th '07, 15:55

It probably means one of two things:
A) Its already been answered somewhere in the Questions section or in this thread.
B) It was something meaningless.

It may have been accidental but I don't want to give you that hope...
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Jun 26th '07, 17:26

Or it was off topic, which it was. Post new topics for questions, don't stick them at the end of the FAQ, unless you're asking a FAQ, in which case, you should read the FAQ.
Last edited by treellama on Jun 26th '07, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.

treellama
Pittsburgh

Post Jun 28th '07, 20:17

Volcanon wrote:so my question was deleted but it wasn't answered?

I probably moved it to it's own topic in the Questions forum.

Switch
NYC

Post Jul 9th '07, 18:36

I'm viewing the forums via my Mac, and instead of having every post of a thread visible as it is on my PC, i get this annoying old-style list of the post names that I have to click on individually. What do I have to change in the My Controls to get it back to what it should be?
Volcanon

Post Jul 10th '07, 07:33

Go to the top of the thead and look on the right to "options" click on standard and see if it fixes anything.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee

Zott
Earth

Post Jul 14th '07, 21:12

I request that his highness adds this question:

Q. I've heard that Pfhorge's website is down. Where else can I get Pfhorge?
A. Appleswitch kindly uploaded it in this topic.

Lugas

Post Jul 24th '07, 18:47

I have a question that newish people have frequently asked when I host:

Q: Is there a feature in which I can "ignore" someone's mic? This guy keeps spamming the mic and it's annoying the hell out of me.

A: Type .ping into the net chat, and remember the number of the guy annoying you. Then type .ignore mic # into the net chat, and he'll be muted for that game. If you want it disabled on a more general basis, complain to the gatherer, who can turn it off altogether when gathering. (quoted from Treellama in this topic).
Last edited by Windbreaker on Jul 24th '07, 18:48, edited 1 time in total.

Windbreaker
South Park, CO

Post Aug 10th '07, 22:04

Grayswandir wrote:Q: I want to use Forge though...
A: Download Basilisk II here: http://gwenole.beauchesne.online.fr/basilisk2/downloads.html
Or go to this thread (thanks Bobwiththekeycard) and download everything here: http://forums.bungie.org/story/?read=38588

Bobwiththekeycard's link is dead
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]

megabyte
Asympotatoes, Mars

Post Aug 11th '07, 02:02

No it isn't.
I just tested it.
Now.
Just now.
Try again.
Last edited by LegacyTyphoon on Aug 11th '07, 02:03, edited 1 time in total.
The Pf'hak - Read it.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Aug 11th '07, 02:04

The link works but when once you're there the download link doesn't.

I just tested it.

Right now.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.

The Thug

Post Aug 11th '07, 02:08

The Thug wrote:The link works but when once you're there the download link doesn't.

I just tested it.

Right now.

Hooray, we can talk in incomplete sentences.
You realize that there's a link for Basilisk II in the FAQ and the rest of the stuff can be downloaded seperately on different pages? Sure, the whole "package" that he linked to is no longer there, but its by no means a total loss.
The Pf'hak - Read it.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Aug 11th '07, 21:13

URGENT:
I have a question: before i went on my vacation, marathon hosting worked, i had both marathon ports, for comp, and router, and i had upnp turned on. now, everythings exactly the same, except i can't host. why do you guys think that happened/what can i do to fix it?
Can't speel for hist.
Phortiphy

Post Aug 11th '07, 22:44

Do you have dynamic or static routing?
The Pf'hak - Read it.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Aug 11th '07, 23:12

Grayswandir wrote:Do you have dynamic or static routing?

what does that mean?
Can't speel for hist.
Phortiphy

Post Aug 12th '07, 01:48

Grayswandir wrote:Do you have dynamic or static routing?

Do you mean dynamic or static IP address?

Phortiphy: make sure that the IP address that is setup for port forwarding on your router is the same as your computer's IP address.
Bourne

Post Aug 12th '07, 13:49

hmmm, no it isn't. the last digit of the code is one number higher than my comp's ip, but that may be my router's ip (i have a separite port on my comp). When i went to change it (edit: AlOne) i saw no place to input my ip. What do i do?
Can't speel for hist.
Phortiphy

Post Aug 12th '07, 20:48

Bourne wrote:Do you mean dynamic or static IP address?

Whatever, since you know so much, why don't you help him instead of correcting me?
static and dynamic routing is the "commercial" term for the whole general concept.

Phortiphy: make sure that the IP address that is setup for port forwarding on your router is the same as your computer's IP address.

No, if he does that it'll cause a network conflict and collisions, thus screwing up his connection.

Basically, if you use DHCP, it automatically assigns your computer an IP address on your LAN.
If you're using a static routing, which is usually done manually, your IP will always be the same, eg: it will always be 192.168.1.100.
If you're using dynamic routing, your IP may change depending on the number of people on the network and what not, eg: one day your IP will be 192.168.1.100 and the next day (assuming you restarted your computer) it will be 192.168.1.101...

Look for these numbers:
IP address: [whatever it is] <--- this is your manually assigned or automatically assigned IP
Subnet Mask: [whatever it is] <--- ignore this
Default Gateway: [whatever it is] <---this is your router IP

Login to your router using a web browser and type in the "Default Gateway" number as an IP, eg: http://192.168.1.1
Login to your router (I'm assuming you know how to do this...if the settings are at default normal login/pass is admin/admin)
Look for something like "Port Forwarding" or "Port Routing"...
In the port option, type: 4226 to 4226 and for your IP enter both IP's into both boxes (this is because it'll usually give you a range so that if your IP changes it'll automatically allow the connection between a range of IP address and ports...however since you don't know how your IP is going to change, just enter it the same way into both boxes)
If it gives you the option make sure to set it to "always on"
Save the settings and you should be good to go.

These listed instructions are a general guide, some routers have differeny options so your best bet is to use the manual that came with it.
The Pf'hak - Read it.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Aug 12th '07, 22:05

Whatever, since you know so much, why don't you help him instead of correcting me?
static and dynamic routing is the "commercial" term for the whole general concept.
No, if he does that it'll cause a network conflict and collisions, thus screwing up his connection.
Is this what you're looking for?

"Port Forwarding" or "Port Routing"...

Define Custom Service?
In the port option, type: 4226 to 4226 and for your IP enter both IP's into both boxes (this is because it'll usually give you a range so that if your IP changes it'll automatically allow the connection between a range of IP address and ports...however since you don't know how your IP is going to change, just enter it the same way into both boxes)

By "both ip's" i'm assuming you meant the Router ip and the Manually/auto assigned ip?

To bad i only have one ip box... Also, tcp or udp?

Also, which one of these do i do?
Can't speel for hist.
Phortiphy

Post Aug 13th '07, 00:51

Well, just label both of them "Marathon" and put 4226 in all the boxes as TCP...I believe, check the FAQ it tells you if its TCP or UDP.
The Pf'hak - Read it.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Aug 13th '07, 01:50

Grayswandir wrote:Well, just label both of them "Marathon" and put 4226 in all the boxes as TCP...I believe, check the FAQ it tells you if its TCP or UDP.

Both of what? and 4226 in all three boxes? and what about both the ips? and do i do triggered porting, or what?
Can't speel for hist.
Phortiphy

Post Aug 13th '07, 02:51

Ports: 4226
Protocol: Try TCP first
Use Port Forwarding

Do you see a box for IPs? No? Then don't worry about it more or you'll just start confusing yourself. If it still doesn't work, we'll try something else.
Last edited by LegacyTyphoon on Aug 13th '07, 02:53, edited 1 time in total.
The Pf'hak - Read it.

LegacyTyphoon

Post Aug 13th '07, 23:10

yay it works... but now, when i host, it takes like 10 min to start and by then everybodie's dc'd.

EDIT: URGENT: ALL GAMES I HOST DC EVERYBODY WTF?
Last edited by Phortiphy on Aug 14th '07, 00:09, edited 1 time in total.
Can't speel for hist.
Phortiphy

Post Aug 14th '07, 01:39

Either:
1. You have all the enhancements installed and your computer takes a while to load them
2. People who are joining aren't getting good connections with you.
3. Your connection sucks.

I'm going to go to say you'll go with 2 because that way it isn't your fault.
The Pf'hak - Read it.

LegacyTyphoon

PreviousNext

Return to The Pfhorums